“Excellent and authentic Indian food”

India House Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 117 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Indian
Grafton, Massachusetts
“Excellent and authentic Indian food”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Being Indian I am very critical when it comes to Indian restaurants. So when we decided to eat at India house on our way back from Niagara falls, I was not sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food and friendliness of the staff. The food was very authentic and tasty. The naan was very soft and fresh out of the oven. The curries were spiced right. I highly recommend this place and would definitely eat here if I am in the Syracuse area.

1 Thank gopalshenoy

Liverpool, New York
“Amazing AUTHENTIC Indian Food!”
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Eating at India House Restaurant is great! My whole family loves it! Which is difficult to find, with my picker eaters! My younger son loves the chicken dal soup, my daughter enjoys to eat an appetizer called vegetable pakora (she says they put something in it to make them taste not like vegetables LOL), my husband and I both order the chicken tika masala! It is so flavorful I feel like I can tasta all of the spices!

• Visited January 2011
Upstate NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favorite Indian Restaurant in the World?”
Reviewed 15 February 2010

It seems that people only take the time to write a review when they have had a bad experience, but not me as this place is my favorite. As a vegetarian, I've been eating at Indian restaurants regularly since around 1992, nearly 20 years. Over my time, I've eaten Indian in Berlin, Hamburg, Montreal, NYC, Queens, Scranton, Myrtle Beach, Orlando, Boston, and more. From time to time, you come across a great place, and occasionally, you are scarred for life!

India House isn't flashy, rather casual. The allure is not the appearance, but the food which has steadily been the standard which I compare other Indian restaurants with. I have been eating there for about 10 years and know most of the vegetarian food quite well. The common concensus between my friends has been that the Malai Kofta is their best dish. The sauce is creamy and potent, and easily puts me in to a food coma. This is a good thing.

My other favorites would be the Paneer Bhuna and Channa Aloo. On occasion, I wasn't happy with the sauce for the Channa Aloo as it sometimes is too thin for my tastes, but the flavor still is there. I'm not a fan of dal dishes (except yellow dal), so I can't provide any review there. What I can say is they have 18 vegetarian dishes, not counting the biryani dish. That is more than most Indian restaurants that serve meat.

The service is not what you could call attentive, but the owners who are the wait staff are quite friendly and will make special accommodations for vegans or special requests. This kind of service and catering to the customer can be hard to find some times.

They don't serve a lunch buffet, except for Sunday, which I thought was odd. I used to order take out for lunch several times a week, and instead they give you about 2/3rds the portion of a dinner along with 1/3 of a side dish, rice and papadum. The side changes daily so make sure to ask before ordering. In actuality, I found the non-buffet was more rewarding as I never could finish it for lunch and would eat the rest later for dinner or a snack.

I've eaten at all the Indian restaurants in Syracuse and Ithaca, and when I want to treat myself, I drive an hour to eat there. Call me crazy, but I know what I like and where to find it.

1 Thank Exitof99
Syracuse, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“i hated the place and i would not recomend it”
Reviewed 3 January 2010

i went in thinking it would be nice. then i go inside and the place isnt that clean. then i look at the menu and order my food. im eating and the chicken tikka masala was undercooked. food was terrible. it was a WASTE OF MY MONEY. the waitress was unfriendly. i would not recomend it at all. it is a total waste of your time. there are better indian places in syracuse

Liverpool
“Worst place that you ever go”
Reviewed 14 August 2009

waste of money..guys seriously!!! burnt food. i ruined my friday dinner!!! don't ever go to this restaurant...never ever...

2 Thank Aawara1