“Syracuse's Best Indian Restaurant”

India House Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 119 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Indian
Liverpool, New York
“Syracuse's Best Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

there is not one bad thing i can say about this restaurant. i typically get take out and wait there for it to be made, i love the atmosphere in this restaurant it's very homey and not to mention the smell of naan bread is amazing. As i wait for my take-out other customers usually come in and pick up their order and have a nice conversation with the owners..it's nice to see small businesses like this thriving. I have been coming to India House ever since I moved here 10 years ago and it's the same great people, and always the same great food.

• Visited December 2013

“Good food and excellent service”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We went here on a weeknight, it wasn't very busy, and we received excellent service. The owner was attentive and made every effort to provide us with a great dining experience. I wish I had loved the food, but- for me- it was just ok. The vegetable samosas were actually very good and my favorite part of the meal. The dahl soup was ok, but I did not care for the Aloo Chaat. Also, I was expecting a more fragrant rice, the rice they served seemed like a plain bargain brand. My parents were happy with the lamb and chicken dishes they ordered so my review may not be the same as other's preferences. The meals are priced quite well and offer good value for what you receive.

• Visited November 2013
Dryden, New York
“Simply delicious, authenic food from India”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I really enjoy eating at "India House" in Liverpool, NY. A stand alone, family owned restaurant, serving up delicious, authentic, freshly prepared food from the Northern state of Punjab. The soups are piping hot and very tasty. The Nan (bread) is prepared in an authentic Tandoori oven. The Mango Lattes are very rich, smooth and elegant tasting.
This restaurant proves that not all food fare from India is Curry based. There are many dishes served, that are not prepared with or in Curry (gravy/sauce).
The owner, Ranjit, is very diligent, attentive and genuinely concerned about taste, quality and service.
Bernie & Geri

• Visited November 2013
Liverpool, New York
“Good food, but lacking the meat”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I recently ordered Chicken Makhani for takeout. The service was great cos I ordered a beer while waiting, and the beer was ice cold and also was served a Papad to go with the beer.

But, when I got home with the food, I was surprised to find just a few pieces of chicken in my dish. The container looked full, because all it had was the sauce!! If I ordered a Chicken dish, I would expect chicken as a primary ingredient and not sauce.
I like this place since it is closer, but I would rather drive a little distance to get what I pay for.

• Visited August 2013
Syracuse, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious lamb, and nan.”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The India House is a comfortable and cozy home on cold, snowy, and rainy nights. On weeknights its not crowded, and the service is to the point, with fried appetizers, crispy nan, and luscious yogurt. The Lamb vandaloo(sp) is palatable, and savory. Diners who avoid the pungent lamb fragrance, might welcome this easy taste, which doesn't overpower.
We ordered the vegetarian sampler, which is a feast, and leaves copious leftovers. There is a lunch buffet, perhaps on Sunday that appears to be a value.

• Visited December 2012