“Disappointing Thai Take-Out”

Ranked #10 of 121 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bangkok Thai Restaurant is a family owned and run establishment. We offer an authentic Thai food experience, with dishes made in the rich Thai tradition.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were driving through NY on a vacation and staying at a hotel iff of I-90, so ordered take-out food: Tom Yum soup, Pad Thai, and Pad Pak.

The good points: service at pick-up was excellent and the place looked good inside for being in a strip mall. The pad Thai serving size was huge.

But the food was not very good for us. The soup had an unappetizing brown stock, but I do give credit for decent spice and lemongrass flavor at the bottom. The pad pak was horrible ... A small ball of rice and then a pint take-out container of some vegetables floating in a cup of bland brown liquid (too watery to call sauce). The pad Thai was just fair. All that for $30+ ouch!

We were disappointed, maybe a sit down meal would have been better.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife is an part owner of a Thai restaurant in our hometown. While on vacation, we had dinner here last week with a friend who lives nearby. For appetizers we had Satay Chicken and Spring Roll, both were very good. For dinner we had Pad Thai and Pad Prig Khing. They were very good. For dessert we had Mango with Sticky Rice and Fried Banana with Coconut Ice Cream. These were also very good.

1  Thank Lamp56
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Coming from the NYC/ Nj area, I was used to amazing Thai food and it took me a while to find such a place when I moved to Syracuse. The hostess is always friendly and the owner goes out of his way to make you feel welcomed. The obvious fav is the pad Thai which they can accommodate to your level of spice (heat) comfort. Everything that my friends and I have tried, we have really enjoyed. This place does not disappoint but wish the kitchen would stay open later on weekends.

1  Thank upstate29
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Excellent food. Family owned. Very friendly service. The service is friendly and very efficient. We eat here whenever we're passing through.

1  Thank David H
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We eat at Bangkok Thai at least once a month and the food is always consistently good. Our faves are the panang, pad prik pow, and pad ki mao. Also their spring rolls are always so fresh and tasty. It's also such a nice family that owns the restaurant. I would recommend anyone to eat here if you're in the mood for good thai food just be careful because their food is very spicy so if you can't handle spicy food, make sure you order it mild.

2  Thank jacky c