“A Good Generous Meal and Great Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 116 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings
Syracuse, New York
“A Good Generous Meal and Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I enjoyed the promotional "Four Course Feast" - with soup, chicken and tilapia entrees, and delicious deserts. The service afforded by Kalyn was exceptional - and she even boxed enough to take homre for another meal. Like "Trainbuff," we found this Red Lobster better than others we have visited.

• Visited August 2013

Connecticut
“Excellent Shrimp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

My companion and I both had the combination shrimp specials - I believe that each of our meals were priced around $12.99. The shrimp were perfectly cooked and delicious. Kept my water glass full. Service was excellent, and we felt that that this Red Lobster restaurant was better than many other Red Lobster restaurants we've visited. This restaurant was conveniently located near our hotel and we noted that the parking lot was frequently full.

• Visited July 2013
DeWitt, New York
“Very good snow crab legs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We've eaten at Red Lobsters in several cities and we are rarely disappointed. This visit to the Liverpool restaurant was very good, as good as or better than the other RLs we have visited. But before I continue, let me be clear: we only got the crab legs so we can't comment on the other seafood items, and we went at around noon and there was hardly anyone else there. If you order other items, especially during crowded peak times, perhaps you might have a different experience.

Everything for our meal was very nicely prepared, served hot and the service was excellent. Not being a seafood chef myself, I can't say why this happens, but sometimes I find that the meat in the crab legs sticks to the shells and doesn't come out smoothly. That did not happen here--the crab meat was delicious and slid out easily (except for those few notoriously difficult spots that crab lovers know always are tough to get at).

We had one minor glitch, which I'd say was a misunderstanding promoted by the menu and not sufficiently explained in advance by our waitress. The menu says "1 pound of steamed North American snow crab legs with sweet corn on the cob and red potatoes". I asked to substitute rice for the potatoes and the server agreed. When the meal arrived, there was no corn. Since I had expected to substitute rice for potatoes, I did not think it changed anything with respect to the corn. But the server said that the corn and potatoes were a combination side, and if you do a substitution, you substitute for both of them. The menu doesn't say this and in fact the menu includes red potatoes on their own as a side, making the confusion worse. This was the only flaw in our meal and it could have been avoided if the menu and server were much clearer about the corn and potatoes as being one side.

• Visited July 2013
Rochester, New York
1,880 restaurant reviews
“Great food, lobster tails a bit small”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I ate at the Red Lobster in Liverpool before doing a book signing there this past weekend. It was crowded, even at 5:00 PM, so be sure to get there early if you uwant to avoid the wait.

I ordered a dish that contained a trio of shrimp and lobster dishes (two shrimp, one lobster). The shrimp was good, cooked two different ways (in butter versus on a broiled skewer). The lobster tail was also good, but VERY small. (It's either four large bits or six smaller ones.) I'd rather pay a little more and get something that I could really dig my teeth into. But the meal (with salad and their heavenly cheesey biscuits) will easily fill you up.

I will return, as I do enjoy their food quite a bit. Pass me the lobsta!

Visited June 2013
Syracuse, New York
“only ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

Predictable menu nothing excited me finding a none of the sides of no excitement ended with 2 starch blaze

• Visited October 2012