“Exceeded Expectations”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Liverpool
Mendenhall
“Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed for one night en route to Rome, NY. To our delight, our room was available when we arrived a bit before 3 p.m., so we could get situated quickly. Desk staff on the three shifts we encountered were all pleasant and helpful.

The bed was comfy, with good pillows. The usual amenities were provided, including TV and WiFi, and they all worked. I was surprised when the light over the sink went off at one point; then I realized that apparently Quality Inn uses a sensor to turn off lights in areas where there has been no activity for some time. (Perhaps I need to use this at home!)

This hotel had an AC/heating unit that I had not previously encountered. It worked quite well and was very quiet.

The location is excellent. The airport is nearby, and the motel is just a few feet from I-81 and a couple of miles from the NYS Thruway. Despite the airport and highway proximity, we were not disturbed by noise.

Breakfast was OK. As I recall, there was no peanut butter available, something I would recommend. Otherwise, the usual suspects were present (cereals, bread/bagels, waffles, juices, etc.). The breakfast room is larger than many, which is nice.

We were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy W
Pammy0017, General Manager at Quality Inn near Destiny USA, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi Nancy,
ThaNk you so much for your positive feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. It is always nice to hear that we have met your expectations and made your stay enjoyable. I also just want to assure you that we do have peanut butter and I spoke to the breakfast lady this morning to make sure that she puts it out every day from now on . We look forward to seeing you again !
Pamela Smith CHA,GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We can’t say enough about how nice the staff is at this location. The rooms are nice and clean. The TV’s are all flat screens. The property is very well maintained. A special thank you to Pamela Smith for making us feel at home. We will definite be coming back to this motel. Thanks Again,
The Milojevic family.

Room Tip: It's quieter on the back side.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Pammy0017, General Manager at Quality Inn near Destiny USA, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Smokey & Sandy ,
Thanks so much for the kind words about our hotel and staff . We really enjoy it when our extended Nationals family rolls into town for the car show. It is such fun and this year the weather was exceptionally good. Looking forward to many more years to come!
Pamela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I can say this hotel is "TRULY QUALITY"...every time i stay at this quality inn my experience is great. The staff here is accommodating to all of your needs and are very friendly. The rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The rooms have flat screen televisions and most of the rooms have a microwave and refrigerator,but i hear soon all of the rooms will have microwaves and refrigerators. They also have breakfast in the morning and a lot of restaurants that deliver to the hotel. If you like to workout they also have workout room as well. This is a very quiet hotel so you will have peace of mind when you stay here. Overall i would give this hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Pammy0017, General Manager at Quality Inn near Destiny USA, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thanks so much for giving us a thumbs up ! It is always a pleasure speaking to you as you are heading out to work . You are a fun and interesting guy and we appreciate you and enjoy having you here !
Sincerely,Pamela Smith CHA,GM
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I recently came to liverpool to visit family members and the quality inn was the first hotel off of the highway the desk clerks were very friendly and the manager made me feel right at home making sure I was accommadated and she was very friendly. The room was nice and the breakfast selection was above average, perhaps they could add some breakfast meats.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Pammy0017, General Manager at Quality Inn near Destiny USA, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel . It is our pleasure to have you here and we hope that another stay is in your future !
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hi I would like to make a few comments on our stay at your hotel. First of all I would like to commend "Pam Smith" and her wonderful staff. We have been coming to your hotel for many years and there has not been a year that Pam has not treated us like "FAMILY" she goes out of her way for us and always has a smile and good things to say. She even cooks for us for 2 days on her own time,......She really is an asset to your hotel,,
Sincerely,,,,Terry and Carol Anderson

Room Tip: no matter what room you take is wonderful
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Pammy0017, General Manager at Quality Inn near Destiny USA, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you Carol ,I love you guys .My year wouldn't be the same without out my Nationals family .I enjoyed so much sitting out by the road watching the cars go bye and laughing with you ! My family loves this weekend and all of you have watched them grow over the years getting married and having children .I's the giant family reunion that includes all of you and my family together which makes it the best weekend of the Summer .
Have a great year ,till next time!
Welland, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel during Syracuse Nationals for 12 years minus one. Pam and her staff have always been very friendly and accommodating. Pam remembers our names every year as though we were part of the family. She has gone out of her way by hosting special BBQ 's and Pizza and wing nights for all her guest during Syracuse Nationals. This location is great, the guys go to Syracuse Nationals and the woman go to Destiny Mall only 5 minutes away. We will definitely be back.
Dan B.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind words ! You are lucky I remember your names because I sometimes forget my own name .I remember because you're all so great and are my family as far as I am concerned. Can't wait for July 2015 !
Have a great year !
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for years. We come down for the Syracuse National car show.Pam and the staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Rooms are always clean, never any issues. Scott W.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Pammy0017, General Manager at Quality Inn near Destiny USA, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words . It's always a pleasure having you and your son with us for the weekend . The time goes by way too fast but it gives us a year to look forward to it again .
Have a great year !
Pamela Smith CHA,GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Hampton Inn Syracuse North (Airport Area)
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool

Been to Quality Inn near Destiny USA? Share your experiences!