Pros: clean and newly painted
Lighting was horrible. Had to take the shades of all three lamps to have enough light to read by. No overhead lighting. One switch in bathroom operated everything - overhead light, fan, and mirror lighting.
Bed was ok, but the linens were the old velour blanket with sheets that have been around a long time. Bath towels would be ok for a child, but certainly not for an adult. Pillows were like cement.
Heating/Cooling No matter what it was set on - did its own thing.
Small bathroom where the door practically hit the toilet. Tub didn't drain.
Room was large - looked like it was missing furniture. No chair to sit on other than a desk chair.
Saved the best for last:
At 3 a.m. the fire alarm went off. We stayed outside for 30 min and then the guests were allowed into the lobby. No fire thankfully, but the firefighter said it was just dust in the alarm system. This indicates poor maintenance - something the hotel does have control over. It's not like someone pulled an alarm. When we finally got back to our room our key wouldn't work, nor several others on the floor so we had to go back to the lobby to get new keys. I realize that there was only one poor employee handling the desk but there was absolutely no information given out. When we checked out I would have expected everyone to receive an apology - not a word.
And this is a "boutique" hotel? Give me a break!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maplewood Suites Extended Stay is by design your home while you are visiting Syracuse. The hotel offers kitchenettes in all guestrooms, complimentary hot breakfast, wireless Internet everywhere, and after a long day you can cool off in the brand new indoor pool. Be sure to check out the state of the art fitness center featuring treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights and more. At the crossroads of the New York State Thruway and Route 81, you are available to escape with ease and travel to the West towards Niagara Falls, or towards the East to New York City. North from this location is Watertown and Fort Drum, while you can travel South to Ithaca and Binghamton. We are just minutes from Syracuse Hancock International Airport, Destiny USA Shopping Center and the New York State Fairgrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Maplewood Suites Extended Stay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Maplewood Hotel Liverpool
- Maplewood Hotel Lily Dale