Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Marion, New York
“Good value”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times over the past 3 years. The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is helpful. The pool is probably the warmest hotel pool we have ever used. The hotel is conveniently located near Interstate 81 and the Thruway. We usually stay here when visiting the Carousel Mall. They no longer serve a free continental breakfast but you can pay $5.99. The breakfast ends at 9:30 which I think is a little early. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We were a bus load of travellers who stopped at this hotel for 2 nights. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. They made multiple trips in their shuttle bus in order to bring us back from the mall to the hotel. The rooms were large and clean and the breakfast was good. For weekend entertainment they had a band play in the evenings. We joined in the fun and partying. The noise did not disturb us, as everything came to a close at about 11:00 pm. We had a very enjoyable time here and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

FL

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Right off the main highway with restaurants and a Dunkin Donuts across the street. I am still not over the other review of the bedbugs found on the third floor. UGH !! I have not seen the critters but I will surely keep an eye open. As for the noise level, we are fortunate that this has not been a problem for us, as we have a room in the back of the hotel. We have stayed here before, always for business, usually getting a better room than the one we now have. Meaning we don't have a microwave or a refrigerator in the room. Apparantly, these common conveniences are not available in every room, but there is an easy solution. In other hotels of their level, I have found a common area where a microwave is available. Here at the Maplewood, which is privately owned, they keep their microwave behind a locked door, like it is a huge commodity. I would have liked to have brought my yummy leftovers from the night before ($aving a few dollars on lunch), but we had been told upon check-in that there were no more refigerators available. I felt like a child having to ask a grown up if I could use the microwave. I know the customer relations rep reads this, and thank you for listening, so could you please ask the owners to allow the food area to stay open throughout the day? A kind thank you being sent your way :>)
This hotel had been tastefully decorated, Minor wear and tear shows in the carpeting, as for the bedding, wear is noticable as the sheets are pilling, both sets so far. Housekeeping is very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. We like to shop at the Waterloo outlet mall and this hotel is very convenient for our trip from Ottawa. I was traveling with a friend and my sister and her family. The hotel anticipated we might want to be near each other and gave us adjoining rooms without us having to ask for it. It helped entertain her 4 year old son to be able to go from room to room. The front desk staff is very friendly, Brian checked us in. We also use the pool when staying here, it's nice to have a soak in the warm pool after 4 or 5 hours of shopping!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Very clean, very friendly, excellent service. For the price, it is a nice place. Newly renovated, but the beds can be better.
Very convenient, close to the Carousel Center.

Not sure about the other reviews, but our room was super clean.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

First off we booked a king room, when we arrived we were told by the desk staff "Oh I haven't had a chance to input the reservation yet". So we were put in a single queen room, I paid for a king and didn't even get a double queen. We went to the mall and were told by a few people to check out the restaurant, when we arrived back at the hotel we couldn't even get past the drive way! The band was playing and we couldn't park and it took forever to get through the crowd. And on top of that people were drinking and staggering around the vehicles, it was unbelievable. The walls stopped vibrating from the band playing at midnight. We were told the band would stop at 11:00 pm, and were ok with that it seemed reasonable. But the noise went until midnight we were are very unhappy with this experience and will be taking our business somewhere else, as well as recommending our friends do the same. Didn't eat in the restaurant due to all the noise, which was unfortunate it could have been the saving grace for this place. Oh the room was clean so I guess it wasn't a total bust.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Bigmatteddy
Geralyn S, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you so much for expressing your concerns about The Maplewood Inn & Suites.  Our management and ownership group sincerely are working hard to address your comments.  Specifically, since your review, we have implemented an 11 pm curfew for the live music that our on-site restaurant hosts, and have positioned them inside the restaurant, instead of on the patio, where the overflow can sometimes run into the parking area.   Our intention is provide the best experience for our guests, and we do understand your concern on this issue.
We truly value our guests, their comments, and to ensure a 100% satisfaction before you leave us, that this is the least we can do. We sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction during your last say, please try us again in the future, you will not be disappointed.

The Maplewood Inn & Suites-General Manager
High Peaks Hospitality, LLC- Sales Director, Heidi Hackett
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This hotel is both overpriced for the area and overpriced for the accommodations. Across the street from this hotel is a national chain that is both clean and comfortable. This hotel is neither. When arriving in the parking lot where parking was very limited I passed the restaurant area where a band was playing and people were just hanging around the area blocking the parking area. The hotel doesn’t do anything about that apparently because when I left to get something to eat the crowd was even larger when I got back and I had to sit there in my car hoping people would see me and move ~ which took a while.

The check-in staff was both friendly and helpful. When I first went into my room I couldn’t believe it. The room looked like it hadn’t been updated since it was built. But to give credit where due it was in fact clean. However I discovered upon setting my things down that the band playing at the restaurant was right below my window! When I went out to get dinner (which I would have stayed in for except for the band) I asked at the front desk how long they were playing and they indicated 11:00 PM. Well, I thought I can stand it for a few hours anyway. However when I got back to my room I discovered I couldn’t deal and went back to the front desk to request another room and they readily accommodated me.

My new room looked like it had been remodeled and in much better shape. I’m kicking myself that I didn’t take photos to share to show the difference. While I didn’t love the accommodations it was a comfortable bed, the new room was quiet and the linens looked freshly washed, which I appreciate. My favorite part of the stay was that they had Bath & Body Works shampoos and soaps.

I think the hotel is really charging for all the amenities they have which I did not use since I got there so late and was leaving early. They have an 11:00 check out time but gave me noon and I really needed it as I had a wedding at 3:00 PM and had nowhere to go until then. I would have loved it later but the hotel was full so I was lucky to get even an hour past.

Overall I wouldn’t stay there again. I just thought it was too grungy for my tastes. I can’t comment on the restaurant since I didn’t eat there but there is a very nice mall close by.

Room Tip: Away from the restaurant and the band
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank NaomiBTravelin
The management team at The Maplewood Inn & Suites is grateful for your online review, so thank you for sharing. Anything less than a 100% Guest Satisfaction is a failure to us. To help explain our pricing structure, there are many ways we set rates and track rates based on the comparable hotels in the same market, as well as adjust due to occupancy levels. This is a brief explanation; however, I hope it offers some answers to your price concern. I am also happy to share with you, regarding your noise level concern over the band playing at our on-site restaurant; we have implemented an 11pm curfew on the live music. We have also positioned the live music inside the restaurant, instead of on the patio, where the overflow can sometimes run into the parking area.   We sincerely apologize for the issue, and our management and ownership group take your review seriously, enough to make necessary changes to ensure our guests 100% satisfaction!
I am also very delighted you liked the Bath & Body Works amenities! Please do us a favor, and join us again in the near future, it would be our pleasure to have you back.

The Maplewood Inn & Suites-General Manager, Todd Bucko
High Peaks Hospitality, LLC- Sales Director, Heidi Hackett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool

Been to Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport? Share your experiences!