“REFUND to Non-traveler”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Chantilly, Virginia
“REFUND to Non-traveler”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

In October 2012 - I diwscovered a March 2012 charge for one night on my AMEX card. I called AMEX to dispute the charge and was told it was too late, to much time had passed. So I proceeded to contact the Maplewood Inn directly. They were kind enough to look up and find that the charge was not mine and said they would refund me. Time passed, management changed, the MapleWood website changed. I contacted them last week in January 2013 - and the situation was cleared up in one phone call and the charge credited back to my AMEX card - no question!

What had happened? - The customer who had stayed the night I was charged had two rooms - the AMEX number was transposed on the charge for one of the rooms and ended up on my card.

MapleWood Inn is clearly under NEW MANAGEMENT that understands CUSTOMER RELATIONS! They had no obligation or incentive to refund the mischarge as AMEX would not pursue it... But they did! Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AvenueFoch P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Auburn, Maine, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My stay at the Maplewood was both long and totally enjoyable,every member of the staff were friendly and professional.The rooms were very nice, the service was great. I would be remiss if I didn't thank certain members of the staff for both their professional attitudes and also for their sense of humor..so thanks Jonathan,Karen,Michelle, Michelle, both Matts, Billy and Sheron,Jennifer and her outstanding house-keeping crew..and also to Karen of the Sales Department for bombarding me with questions about my stay, all in order to make the stay more enjoyable.My suggestion to all who travel through the Liverpool/Syracuse area..give this place a try, you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Cato, New York
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel early December, 2012. It was awesome. The pool was so comfortably warm, the hotel staff was friendly, and they went out of their way to please me and my extended family.We held our Christmas party in a conference room, ate dinner at the on-sight restaurant, and then stayed over night. They were beautifully decorated for the holiday season. It was very festive, relaxing, and enjoyable. The room and lobby were spotless and comfortable. Great place to stay!

Christine

Room Tip: 2nd floor overlooking the lobby, was a very nice place to stay. We had our own little living room, t...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I've stayed here before in the past and have always liked the quality of the hotel especially for the price and itd been a while since id been here and while the quality of the building is still adequate, it appears that the quality of their management has gone down considerably. When I checked in the front desk manager gerrylynn was very short with me and didnt even look me in the eye the whole time. Then after the terrible breakfast, I came to checkout and wanted to talk to her about it but she apparently couldnt be bothered to work the front desk and had one of the bellmen doing it instead. If this is the kind of people they have in charge here then this place then I won't be coming back

Room Tip: Maybe give her 20 dollars and she'll be nicer
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank eric g
JRODRIQUEZ, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Hello Eric, Thank you for your comments. I have addressed your concerns and have taken action accordingly. I am certain that our managers share the same vision with regards to service and accommodations. We have addressed the breakfast concerns as well. In an effort to improve the breakfast offered, we are starting a breakfast buffet with many more options including eggs a meat product, waffle maker, sweet breads, cold cereals and more. We are in the process of creating a breakfast inclusive rate so it is a one stop shop. Our goal is to continue to improve the quality and service that our guests receive when staying with us. Once again thank you for the feedback. I would like the opportunity to have you as our guest again so we can show you that we are capable of delivering your expectations!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I have stayed at this hotel every time I went to Syracuse shopping. Used to be a great deal. I could get rooms for $99.00 with breakfast included. The hotel recently changed ownership and they have taken the mini fridges out of the room and discontinued the breakfast service. As well the price per night has increased. When travelling with kids the breakfast saved us $25.00 a day so now with the extra expense I am looking for a new hotel to stay in.

Rooms here are average but not great. Hotel is convenient to the airport and freeway and carrousel mall.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We value your comments and suggestions. In an effort to move this hotel more in line with the Full Service market, we have changed the breakfast. Breakfast is available in the restaurant. It is exciting that we are rolling out our breakfast inclusive rate by the first of the year, if not sooner. This will allow a choice when staying with our hotel. You can choose a rate with breakfast, or if you’re not interested in breakfast you can choose the rate without. We believe in having options available to our guests and bring value to you. We have also made great improvements on the products on the breakfast bar. We certainly hope that we will have the opportunity to have you back as our guest again in the near future.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I was very skeptical about staying at this hotel. I had booked through Hotwire, so I was unable to read reviews first. After booking I went straight to Tripadvisor and was very disappointed with the reviews, but I was very pleased once we got to the hotel, friendly staff, clean and great smelling lobby and our king size room was also extremely clean. This was overall a great stay and would definitely go back. I normally stay at Holiday Inns and this hotel was almost as good.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank disneytraveler2011
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Everything seemed to be in order until the rock band started jamming right under our 2nd floor room. They played and played, took a short break, came back for a second set, and then an encore. We could hear every word - even the fans as they shouted out song suggestions. My wife and kids were not impressed. Saturday night it was the same thing all over again until about midnight but only with a less talented band. Oh, and after a restless sleep I was looking forward to a free coffee in the lobby but alas they were all out of creamer and milk at 8:15am. Seriously?

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms above the Carnegie Cafe.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank moecrap
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool

Been to Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport? Share your experiences!