“A Great location and a very nice Hotel”

Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We are a group of High School guys that meet in Syracuse every year for a golf weekend. This was our 15th year and the best location we have had. The Maplewood Inn was perfect. The sales department was great to work with and the hotel was clean, comfortable and very close to I-90. They had a band in the Restaurant/Bar and we never left the hotel. We are DEFINITELY staying at the Maplewood Inn next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Johnathan R, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thanks for choosing the Maplewood for your recent golf outing! We look forward to having you return again in the future. We appreciate your time in leaving us feedback.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

The rooms are in need of updating, 25 inch tube tv, big beds very close to the ground. Desk in the corner without view of TV. No breakfast included. Does have a restaurant and bar attached, never tried it. Find a better value someone else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Hello and thank you for writing a review on our property. We are looking at adding a few complimentary breakfast items each morning aside from the full breakfast available for purchase in the cafe. Your feedback on this is important in understanding what guests are looking for. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future when making your way to Syracuse.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very close to Destiny USA and I 90 West ( to Waterloo Outlet Mall)
Tim Horton's is across the street ( for all us Canadians)
Denny's was 1 block away

This hotel was your average nothing fancy hotel.
It was close to Carousel Center ( now DESTINY USA)
The pool is small
The exercise room is very small
Parking was alright
Nothing other than AVERAGE .....

Room Tip: Room 339 smells of smoke as you enter
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
johnrodriquez, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your accommodations and service. We love our location, just 3 miles from Destiny, 3 miles from the airport and right off I-81 and I-90 - It certainly makes it convenient for our guests. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Every time I come to the Maplewood I am more and more impressed with the service. Michelle D. and Bryant are 2 of the greatest people I have come into contact with in all of my years of travel. They are always smiling and happy to lend a hand with anything I need. All of the staff including the General manger and all of the housekeeping department have made me feel like family. Thank You All!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
johnrodriquez, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Hi - Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that our team makes you feel at home when you are in town. We appreciate your comments and I will be sure to share with the team. I look forward to having you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed here on August 13th, 2013. From the time we walked through the front entrance the taff was so friendly and helpful. It is very close to DestiNY mall and they provide free shuttle service. They offered to shuttle us to the Amtrak station the next day and insisted we leave our car in their hotel parking lot so we wouldn't have to pay for parking for four days. They also picked us up when we returned even with our transportation back from NYC being an hour late. The manager and all of the staff were o accommodating. The hotel and room were both very clean and spacious. I will certainly be staying there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
johnrodriquez, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. It is always great to share these types of comments with the staff. It really is a great team at the Maplewood Inn and each of them works hard every day to ensure that we meet the expectations of our guests. We look forward to having you back again in the very near future, thanks again!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Decided to pay a little extra than the usual motel during our annual trip to cape cod, and had the pleasure of a band literally just below our room till 11 pm. Even if you like Motown, my kids nor I appreciated this racket and not fair to us or the other guests. Given other choices in the area will definitely avoid in the future and would recommend others avoid it as well. Apparently very little concern for their actual paying guests vs the bar patrons.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
johnrodriquez, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Hello and thank you for staying with us at the Maplewood Inn. We are so very sorry that you had run into an issue with noise from the restaurant entertainment. It is our goal to provide a great experience to all of our guests. We make every effort to accommodate guests’ requests especially when it pertains to room location requests. I wish we had the opportunity to move your room for you so that you could see that, aside from the noise issue you experienced that night, the Maplewood Inn is a great place to stay. I appreciate your feedback and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but I needed to for this one. We booked this hotel for six nights for my 83 year old grandfather. We paid extra for a "deluxe suite." The floor and desk were covered with crumbs and potato chips when we first entered. No big deal, we thought, we aren't typically complainers. We then noticed there was nowhere to sit in the room. When we asked for a chair for him to sit down, the staff was INCREDIBLY RUDE saying "no way, Cant do anything about that." We were stunned! Instead of trying to help us, they just said "theres nothing we can do." There were 6 chairs in the hallway. We moved one into the room and told the staff we did so. The manager on duty says "oh, ya I was going to suggest that. Just make sure it goes back or we charge you." Next problem-we plugged the desk lamp into the outlet, and IT SPARKED AND ALL THE LIGHTS WENT OUT. Tried again. SPARKED EVEN MORE. We went back down to the desk, and the manager told us "someone checked out this morning and had no problems, I don't know why you seem to be having problems with the plugs." She didn't seem concerned at all-even irritated with us for being worried. When we told her we were very unhappy, she said "I'll see what I can do, but no promises." She seemed very bothered that we wanted someone to look at the outlet. After we asked numerous times for someone to help, a young man came up, plugged in the lamp, and it sparked for him too. He told us to leave it plugged in and not to "fiddle with it." The entire time he was in the room, the wall outlet was sparking. He said he'd make a note of it-but could not do anything for us. There was never an offer to move our room, or any sort of urgency to help us out. I've had better guest service at cheap motels! Checked out after 1 night. Disgusted with customer service--almost felt like an example of how NOT to treat a guest.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank thewagners92
JRODRIQUEZ, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Hello: I would like to speak with you personally regarding this review. I am very sorry to hear that you did not experience the customer service I know that the staff is capable of providing. I regret that I did not have the opportunity to see you in person to handle the situations you explained. I know the staff shares the same goals in providing excellent service and accommodations so this is very surprising to me. I will certainly address these issues immediately with the staff. Again, I welcome the opportunity to talk with you. Thank you for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
#3 of 11 in Liverpool
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area
Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites

Been to Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport? Share your experiences!