“pleasant stay, great service”

Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Albany, NY
“pleasant stay, great service”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We recently stayed at the Maplewood Inn for our son's hockey tournament. I was the team parent in charge of finding a hotel for our group. From the first dealings with the Sales department to get a group block to the restaurant and front desk staff, everyone was very accommodating and wonderful. The hotel is basic, but clean. It has an indoor pool which is a necessity when traveling with a hockey team. There are not refrigerators in every room so that is something you need to request if you need one, prior to arrival. There are several common seating areas which is nice when traveling in a group. Our rooms were grouped together for the most part without asking and so we could all hang out easily and the kids could move from room to room without roaming the hallways unattended. Front desk staff were wonderful with helping us with a pizza party for the team and the restaurant went out of their way to take care of us for an impromptu group dinner Saturday night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The rooms were clean the staff was warm and friendly always had a smile and they were great with mom, who got a little confused when she journeyed out to go get coffee or pop in the hotel. They would help and walk with her back to the room. So nice will stay there whenever we go to Syracuse , the hotel is 5min away from the new Destiny Shopping Mall and 30 min fro the Outlet stores and 30 min from Oswego Raceway

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I enjoyed my last stay at the Maplewood, and cannot understand some of the comments left here about it being dirty. I've always found this place to be very clean. My last stay was no different; excellent service, a nice little bar/restaurant attached, and every service you could ask for. I enjoy this hotel and will always be comfortable staying here. Oh, and the rooms are NOT noisey!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Westport, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This used to be a decent place to stay with decent prices...now it has turned into a dirty, noisy (house of ill repute-like(that was censored) cheap hole. There is dirt on the floors, built up dirt in the HVAC grills, fresh blood on the mattress covers, yellow stains on the sheets and pillow covers, broken glass and debris in the halls and so much noise and drunk traffic from the attached bar area. Sometimes I have been wary of going outside my room into the hall for fear of running into drunks or rampaging, unsupervised children (teenagers). The manager is a complete incompetent in this position. He obviously has no concept of quality control and only trys to placate customers by telling them he is addressing the problems. Guess what? The address he is using is not on this planet. The rooms are still filthy and the atmosphere has degraded to that of a house of ill repute with a live band. I have been given free stays at this hotel to lure me back...sorry, but we can not and will not stay in this filthy hole again. After many years of patronage, we only get lip service from the manager and no real clean up of this place. In my opinion, the new owners/management either have their heads up their dark holes, or they just don't give a rats butt about the hotel and will be closing it soon. Maybe the health department should be notified and they will close the place...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hkmadigan
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I was in the city for the SUNY upstate medical center interview, and I did not have a car. The hotel driver picked me up from the airport, and drove me free of charge to the mall, to my interview, and back to the airport. And I did not have to wait at all - it was perfectly organized!

The staff was so friendly, accomodating, and there to help. I am very happy I made a decision to stay at the Maplewood inn.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Johnathan R, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thanks for your business! We are happy that our complimentary shuttle service was of value to you. Not having a vehicle or knowing the area can be tough on a traveler, and that why we provide this service. Thanks again and we hope your interview went well. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Overall, I had a great time staying at the Mapplewood Inn. The staff was very welcoming and the shuttle was very helpful to get me wherever I wanted. The rooms were clean and the staff came daily to fix my bed. On top of that, it was very affordable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Hi – Thanks for sharing your satisfaction with us. We have posted your comments for our team to read. We appreciate you acknowledging the staffs hospitality. We hope you will visit us again soon.
Almonte, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Fantastic location, with a bonus shuttle service (especially on Black Friday weekend). Upon arrival we were greeted by SHAUN. Super nice, and was ready for our hockey team to arrive. Very professional, with a good sense of humour. Lobby was nice, updated and clean. Our floor (and rooms) were clean and spacious. Not a great experience in the restaurant that is attached but luckily there are loads of options around town.Parking is great.

Room Tip: We went 3rd floor (top) and it was quiet... easy access. Even with 3 hoceky teams in the hotel it wa...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for the nice review on our location. Shaun is a true asset and I will be sure to pass along your comments. I will also share your feedback with the owners of the restaurant. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor

Been to Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport? Share your experiences!