“Outdated but clean and spacious”

Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed in a king bed room (non-smoking and pet free) for 2 nights during a Canadian long weekend. The hotel wasn't particularly busy and it was mostly Canadians staying there. It was one of the cheapest hotels I found near the Destiny USA mall with the best reviews.

Location: 2-minute drive from I-81, 5-minute drive from Destiny USA (previously known as Carousel Center)

Hotel: More of a motel (you park right outside of your hotel room). Other reviewers previously mentioned this but you can tell the owners really care about their property. I had some packages sent to the hotel and they gladly accepted them on my behalf and held on to them until I checked in. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Room: It sort of had a cottage feel - homey but outdated. The room is big and clean, the bed is big and comfortable, nice LCD screen TV, the free wifi worked well and the heating worked great (a bit noisy but we like it that way). The only 2 drawbacks are the bathroom (small and outdated) and the lack of a room safe.

Food: They have a continental breakfast from 6am to 10am in the conference room right next to the front desk, with some coffee, juice, pastries, fruits and cereals. There aren't many restaurants around but there are quite a few at the nearby Destiny USA mall or the town of Clay.

I would definitely stay here again. Great value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aliahdance

Reviewed 15 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed 14 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We chose this motel for price and good reviews that we read here. We needed a place to spend the night, this is not a hotel with extras, it's a place to sleep in clean surroundings near downtown Syracuse and I-81. I'm writing this at 8:30 after checking in at 5 pm so I can't comment about the complementary breakfast. The motel is as shown on their web site. It is clean and adequate for what we paid. Furniture is old and somewhat warn, pull out sofa that I'm sitting on is not warn. Under window heater is relatively quiet. (Outside temperature is in the low 50s). Large flat screen tv across from bed is fine. I'm near an end unit, we get WIFI just fine in this location. We ate dinner at the local Denny's Resturant about a mile away near Exit 25 on I-81 and found it too was adequate. If I had picked up the "Hotel Coupons.com" book I could have gotten a coupon for Knights Inn that would have brought the price down $10 to $55.95 (1-2 people Sun.-Thursday). The motel is relative empty on this Sunday night, however it is "booked" for next weekend as it is Graduation Weekend at Syracuse University so check ahead. Coupons aren't valid for holidays and special events.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel is conveniently located. The women at the desk were very friendly at check in and check out. Our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast room has improved since the last time I stayed here. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I chose this motel because of the high ratings on Trip Advisor. After staying here I cannot understand how this place ever got those kind of good ratings, unless it was because the rate was really cheap. As a matter of fact, everything about the place was cheap except for the free breakfast in the morning - that was a joke. The location is very near an exit of the New York State Thruway but there are several other hotels within eye sight of this place. This old style motel would never even rate two stars on other travel websites. I was expecting a surprise bargain but I got what I paid for and I should have known better. If you are looking for an inexpensive place to crash for a night and don't need or want anything else this may be worth it for you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Red Roof Inn Syracuse
#16 of 31 in Syracuse
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool

Been to Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool? Share your experiences!