“Great place to Stay”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
New York State
“Great place to Stay”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We arrived at just about 12:25 PM after a red eye flight and connecting flight from the far west. We just needed a place to sleep because I did not want to chance falling asleep on the two hour drive home from the Syracuse airport. Although our accessible room was not ready they asked the maids to make it up next and we were in the room by 1:00 PM. i thought that was very accommodating. The suite had a living room with a couch, table cooking facilities and a TV. The bedroom had two very comfortable beds. The bathroom was spotless.

Homewood Suites feature a light evening meal Monday through Thursday. The schedule for the month is posted in the room. We had stuffed peppers, salad and cookies. Beer, wine and soft beverages are included. The stuffed peppers were tasty but certainly not of gourmet quality, nor was that expected. They seemed very similar to packaged frozen stuffed peppers we have occasionally eaten at home.

There is a hot breakfast provided in the morning. It was pretty typical of what one expects in a hot breakfast buffet.

In summary:: a clean comfortable room, a decent evening meal, friendly, efficient helpful staff

The only problem we had is that it was quite difficult to maneuver the wheelchair from the bedroom into the bathroom.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
MissyHughes, General Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your stay at Homewood Suites - Syracuse/Liverpool. I am so happy to hear our staff was able to accommodate you so you could check-in to your suite early. We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I appreciate hearing your feedback regarding the amount of space in the suite for your wheelchair. I will have our engineering department follow-up to see if we can find more space in our suites.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts. I hope you will think of us the next time you travel to Syracuse.

Best regards,

Missy Hughes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Wilmot, Ontario
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed here for one night in early October. The room was clean and comfortable. The evening food offerings were ample enough that we didn't have to go out for dinner that night, but the quality of the food was just average. The same was true for breakfast. The cold breakfast items were good but the eggs and potatoes were very overcooked.

During our stay a fire alarm went off in the hallway at 4:45 in the morning. We got out of the building to see a few other guests milling around the parking lot. We walked over to the main lodge to see what was going on and no one was at the desk. I sat with my children in the lodge for about 15 minutes, unsure if it was safe to go back to our room. A staff person finally showed up at the desk and said it was nothing and we could go back. I asked if there had been a fire or if she knew what set off the alarm. She said it just happens sometimes! We went back to our room, and the kids got a few more hours of sleep, but I didn't find the rest of the night restful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Elffriend
homewoodsyr, Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Thank you for your comments and providing feedback for Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse/Liverpool. I am happy to hear that you received a clean and comfortable stay. It is our mission to exceed our guest’s expectations and I appreciate your feedback with our evening dinner and hot full breakfast. Our safety and concern is important to us so thank you again for sharing your comments. I do hope when you’re in Syracuse you will think of us.

Best Regards,
Sara Rivizzigno
Assistant General Manager
St Petersburg, FL
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I'm a regular Hilton Honors member and I use them regularly for business for several years. This Homewood Suites in Syracuse/Liver is not up the standard I associate with a Hilton hotel.

I've never seen more people smoking outside of each building at hotel that I've been to. The first room I got was a non-smoking room, the smell of stale smoke was over bearing. I walked back to the front desk and they said the building I was in was one of two with smokers in the past. The moved me to the only building which never allowed smoking before. The room was very dated but there wasn't a strong smoke smell. Then I went to sleep and I experienced flu like symptoms till 4 a.m. At which time I've noticed the smell of smoke coming through the AC vents. I shut off the AC and opened all the windows. The flu like symptoms went away and I was able to sleep straight through.

I tried the hot breakfast and found the scrambled eggs cold and the hashbrown stale and hard.

Other then these problems, the service at the hotel was great. With a few hours of sleep, I was glad to get out of this hotel and to never return!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank FortuneCat
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I accidentally booked a smoking room. When we arrived at 8 pm I explained that I was sorry I had made a mistake on line but that I was traveling with 2 small children and felt strongly that they needed a clean smoke free room. The lady at the front desk said there was nothing she could do but that she would send someone to spray our room with an air freshener. I also explained that our room only had a shower not a tub and that it was hard to bathe my son. Again the lady at the front desk was nice but said there was nothing she could do. She did send a nice man up with sheets for the pull out bed. Great service at breakfast, just wish our room was as nice as the lobby.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank FJEJ0308
Liverpool, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Working away from home, many months during the year, we spend alot of time in hotels. This hotel has gone above and beyond to accomodate all of our needs and made us feel so welcome. The staff on the front desk have been extremely helpful with our reservations, and very helpful trying to coordinate our stay with a changing work schedule. Upon our arrival, the staff was so helpful letting us know where some of the unique and great places to eat, shop, and see were located in the area. Even brought us a coupon to one of the famous cheese cake shops! The housekeeping staff is conscientious, efficient, and try very hard to make certain they keep the room comfortable, clean and well supplied with fresh towels, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. Having a separate bedroom with a comfortable kingsize bed and plenty of pillows makes for a relaxing nights sleep after long hours at work each day. The in-suite kitchen has made it nice to do some cooking and the grill outside, (which they make sure has gas), is an added bonus for cooking out! The daily breakfast and 4 evening suppers offers quality food, in a clean and friendly environment. The staff is attentive making sure food is hot and well prepared. There are always staff working throughout the property to be certain everything is well maintained and well kept. They were very kind to offer assistance if we had a personal need or situation. Overall, this is a very well managed facility, with friendly and caring employees. I would recommend for long or short stays. It is a pleasure to be staying here.

Room Tip: Our second floor room was very quiet and conveniently located to exits, with easy access to common a...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
homewoodsyr, assistant general manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and service while visiting our hotel. I will be sure to share with our team members your review as well. I know they will also be excited to hear you had a great experience with us.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts. I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to our area.

Best Regards,

Sara

Sara Rivizzigno
Assistant General Manager
DeSoto, Missouri
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Enjoyed our stay in our clean, comfortable, nicely decorated suite. It was like being in an upscale apartment with our own housekeeper! How can you beat that?

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Trumbull
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We got a really nice two bedroom suite for a good price. The staff have all been friendly and eager to help. The breakfast, included, was good. They have wonderful, decadent muffins available all day! Those are actually kind of dangerous. :-)

• Stayed July 2011
MissyHughes, General Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
Thank you so much for the nice comments you wrote about our hotel. We read aloud our guests feedback daily at our morning Huddle. I know our team will be happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope you will stay with us again soon on your next trip to our area.

Best regards,

Missy Hughes
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse/Liverpool
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area

Been to Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool? Share your experiences!