“Your basic Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Nothing special. We needed a hotel close to Rt 81 and were directed to this property by another iHC hotel. We were told there were sports teams staying at the hotel ...that meant lots of energetic young girls running around. Thankfully we're were given a room on the 6 th floor where there was a quiet rule in effect after 8 pm. The room was ok size, however closet was small..not aproblem for us as we were there for one night but could be an issue for families staying for more nights.

We had dinner at the hotel... It was late and we were tired and had a discount coupon...would not repeat the experience if we were staying another time.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
HILiverpoolMngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and are happy to hear that you could relax on our quiet floor. I am sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied. All of your comments will be taken into consideration and discussed with the appropriate managers. We truly appreciate the feedback and hope that we see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

This hotel is trying to be nice, but falls short. The remodel itself seems pretty good. Nice fixtures good decorating, good flatscreen TV's. However they cram too much into the small space. I didn't even know where to set up my suitcase on the luggage rack! I ended up putting it in front of the TV! I had 2 double beds for just me, I didn't even need lots of space but with the overstuffed chair and the 2 beds, that about covers the space. The bathroom is epically small, even for European standards. If you accidentally sit down to use the toilet with the door open, you will not be able to get to the toilet paper!! I'm not even exaggerating! The toilet paper is behind the door, and if you are sitting on the toilet you can't close the door! There is no room on the counters for many toiletries, if there are 2 of you... Good luck!
Everything seemed clean at first but then after I rested and was more functional, I stepped on what appeared to be a raisin/berry with legs. Whatever it was... it stuck to my foot and was gross!! Also, there was a questionable brown stain on the wall of the bathroom.... coffee? blood? worse? Unclear. And lastly, the shower was not cleaned after last guest. I tried taking pictures but they didn't show the soap and water marks. But the tub floor was grayish black from age or dirt, I wasn't sure. Yuck. I didn't realize this until morning, so I had no time to change rooms. I just didn't shower.
Bed appeared clean, I checked each layer.
Fitness center was AWFUL!!! They have a nice universal gym.... but the cardio equipment was scary bad. 1 elliptical, 1 treadmill, 1 bike. Elliptical was really rusty and had some parts laying on the floor. It knocked quite a bit while I tried to use it.... and the treadmill shook too much to run on it, so I did a power walk instead.
Overall, the stay wasn't the worst, but it was nothing impressive. Next time I would like to try the Staybridge next door. At least they have free breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear njkrisko,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I humbly extend an apology for the inconvenience you experienced over the room and bathroom's condition and cleanliness. Kindly be assured that all your comments are being reviewed by the management and actions will be taken accordingly. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Very nice, Clean, Holiday Inn hotel. Typical of the chain. Good rooms, restaurant, and friendly staff. Poor location for food options other than the hotel.. Next to a pharmacy, gas station which has Hunt Brothers Pizza and Blimpie, and a Taco Bell/KFC. Restaurant food is good, but pricey.
Nice hotel though. Especially for a Business Traveler who needs an airport hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnLiverpool, Manager at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for the review jbragg476! We appreciate you taking the time to let others know about our property. Hopefully you can stay a little bit longer the next time and take our free shuttle to either downtown Liverpool or DestinyUSA and enjoy one of the many, many restaurants that are within 3 miles. Check with our front desk and they can recommend their favorites! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I came in after a 13 hr workday at around 1230 am. I was exhausted and was given a room that was too cold rm 528 so I called front desk and he sent maintenance. The guy said its broken so he transfered me to another rm which is 538. He was nice. I was too tired to take my stuff but he helped me. So I asked the front desk if I can get at least something like breakfast and he sarcasticallg laughed at me. I said wherebi work if I spill something I give them free snacks or cocktails. He said no. No apologies nothing. Such a bad representation of the company. The toilet is facing in an angle so u have to go sideways to close the door. The bowlnis stained brown stuff and the bathroom is small. No place to place makeup on the counter. My make up keep falling to the side. Horrible.

• Stayed: June 2013
HolidayInnLiverpool, Manager at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you so much for your review as we do appreciate all feedback. I do apologize that the original room was uncomfortable for you and you had to change rooms. Thank you for letting us know that our staff was helpful with their quick response. In regards to the front desk, we are sorry to hear that the customer service you received was inadequate. Our main goal is for all of our guests to leave happy and satisfied. With the help of feedback like yours, we will continue to strive for our goal of 100% satisfaction. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

For a quick one night stop over, I must compliment the staff for treating us as if we were regulars!
Nice clean property. Breakfast could have been better but the service quality certainly made up for a small shortcoming

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnLiverpool, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will pass along the compliments to the front desk and restaurant staff. They are certainly appreciated. Hopefully you can stay a little bit longer with us in the future. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool!

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

The only downfall I have to say is I tried to take a shower and the water never really got hot. Other than that the room was nice, service was nice, and I would recommend it to others that are traveling in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
HolidayInnLiverpool, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, with the exception of your shower. Fortunately, we did just replace our hot water tank at the end of last week. Hopefully you'll join us again in the future and you'll have a perfect stay!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Great location for visiting customer. Good restaurant, selection limited, but good portions and great flavor, great staff. Right off highway, traffic light makes entering and exiting driveway easy, and many restaurants nearby as well as shopping centers.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool. Our great staff and convenient location our 2 of our top qualities. With all of the additions to DestinyUSA and the Village of Liverpool we are within 3 miles of 20+ restaurants, including our own Niagara Room. We hope to see you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
0 mi away
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
6 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse Destiny USA

Been to Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!