I have been doing business in Syracuse for about 15 years, necessitating travel on an almost weekly basis. The Liverpool/Airport Holiday Inn is an excellent choice for the business or leisure traveler and here is why:
1. Old Bones! The building was built years ago, so you do not hear every creak or Snore from the person next door- excellent noise dampening in rooms (unlike those newer lower end and chain hotels).
2. Room Renovations! I stopped staying here during renovations and now I can say it was worth the wait. Flat screen TV's, New bedding, new towels, Nice carpets, and for the most part stable and fast FREE internet. Also the Cable channels are finally up to 21st century standards- they went from 34 channels to hundreds!
3. Lobby and restaurant renovations- warm wood paneling, a nice gas fire place in the lobby (key in Winter months). New carpeting and decor in the restaurant and lounge. Almost swanky, but not quite. I only eat breakfast, but it is always good, how can you mess up eggs and toast? And according to their labeling the cofee (which i find tasty, but not too strong) is Rainforest Certified-30% of the coffee meets standards, that help the environment.
4. The staff, particularly in the restaurant. The front desk is hit or miss. Some are very nice, some cold and indifferent. However the restaurant has great service, especially Mary a server. She is the tops! The rooms are always clean and I noticed the maid seem to really care about and takes pride in her job.
5. Conference facilities, Gym- they look nice, and this is set up as a major conference center for the SYracuse area, but I am a solo business traveler and cannot comment on it. I have not used the Gym/health club but they have one. The indoor pool looks forlorn, lost and almost abandoned- the only negative-but I have not used it. (this may change with the final stage of renovations.
IN SUM: A definite thumbs up and recommendation for this area, which is starving for decent hotels. I like the fact that it is out of the downtown area, but only 10 minute drive to anywhere downtown. Very close to the Carousel Center Mall (with multiplex cinemas). Quiet, Clean and updated -I would pick this over any other property in this area. (If you must stay downtown stay at the Renaissance or the Jefferson Clinton.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel has completed a beautiful renovation and expansion. We have upgraded all of our event space and public areas with a new and contemporary facade; renovation and expansion of the restaurant and bar, and a complete remodel of all guestrooms. Conveniently located across the street from the NYS Thruway (I-90) toll booth and 5 minutes from I-81 in Syracuse, The Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool is a perfect choice. Need a hotel for a game at Syracuse University's Carrier Dome? Holiday Inn Syracuse Airport Hotel is located minutes from Syracuse University and the Carrier Dome. What a great hotel for a sports team or tournament! Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel boasts 180 two double bedded guestrooms located minutes from the Cicero Twin Ice Rinks, Syracuse Indoor Soccer Center, NYS Fairgrounds, the War Memorial, and the Oncenter. Teams will enjoy our indoor heated pool and bus parking. Want to stay in a hotel near the Syracuse Airport (SYR)? The Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel has a free 24 hour airport shuttle to Syracuse's Hancock International Airport. Going shopping in Syracuse? The Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel has a free shuttle to Carousel Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Liverpool
- Liverpool Holiday Inn