“BASIC HOTEL...THAT'S VERY CLEAN & HAS A GREAT STAFF.”

Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Liverpool
“BASIC HOTEL...THAT'S VERY CLEAN & HAS A GREAT STAFF.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

The Fairfield Inn may not be a 4 star swanky hotel, but it kept my "cleanliness OCD" happy. Me and my bf spent one night here and the room was so clean that I don't think you would have to apply the 5 second rule if you dropped your late night snack on the floor ;)
We had a room with a king size bed. Nice size tv. Bathroom with small coffee maker.
You average hotel. But again I was impressed with how clean the room was and the hotel. We passed by a small indoor pool on the way to our room but did not have time to enjoy it, but that as well looked like it was well maintained.
I interacted with two different people at the front desk and they were both very nice (in not in that weird way where you know the person is trying too hard)
I did not stop by the front lobby for any of the free breakfast, but did notice that the area was well kept and they had a nice amount of small tables to sit at. From what my bf said who DID stop down earlier that morning, they offered a nice variety of foods. Not just coffee, bagels and cereal.
He mentioned something about French toast and eggs....
Side note: The hotel is situated right next to a major interstate (I-81) which can be convenient, about a 15 minute drive from Syracuse, and if you forgot anything it is surrounded by a really good and well know supermarket which is 24 hrs, a mall, gas stations and a handful of nationally known restaurants and fast food joints. (Oh and a Walmart and Target....I always feel safe knowing a Target is near by. Who doesn't LOVE a Taget ???)
My closing statement would be this:
Yes, I would stay here again. My "OCD clean/germ afraid self" would even feel comfortable bringing my 3 children.
LOL

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank grechinNY
Annemarie E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Your great comments are so appreciated and I thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. My housekeeping staff will be happy to hear their efforts are not only noticed but written about on TripAdvisor. That will mean so much to them! Thank you again and we hope to see you back here soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I was extremely happy with the staff at the hotel. The Front End Representative, Joseph, was extremely professional and courteous. Moreover, he was very knowledgeable about the area and made strong recommendations about food choices. The hotel is also located in a great area near a lot of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike B
Annemarie E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
It's always such a pleasure to hear good things about my desk staff and they get a kick out of seeing their name in print. It's obvious that Joe enjoys his work and I know he will appreciate your acknowledging his service. Thank you for your patronage and for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay.
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

No, it's not the most luxurious hotel and sadly, they had to remove the hot tub, BUT!!! You will never find better customer service. The staff are so polite, so cheerful, so accomodating. Sam is definitely a sweetheart, and always remembers us. The rooms are not brand new, but they are very clean. Beds are always comfy, showers clean, breakfast hot and ready, big pool for the kids. We always stay here when passing through. Applebees next door, Outback across the street beside Barnes and Noble, Wegmans 24 hour incase you forget something...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Nicole D, Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments that you posted about the hotel. It is great to hear the positive feedback from our guests. Also, it pleases our staff to see their names mentioned and makes them feel good. We are glad that you feel that we are the spot for you when passing through. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Take care.

Nicole Dodge
Assistant General Manager
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

This was a nice place to stay. The property is a little older than other Fairfield’s we have stayed. They made up for this with the service. They provided a hot breakfast on the Saturday morning and continental breakfast on the Friday morning. It was a perfect location about 15 minutes away from Syracuse. Target & Wal-Mart of just down the street and Applebee's are across the parking lot. Olive Garden is also walk able just down the street. We enjoyed staying here as it is a much nicer area than Syracuse itself.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor room. They have the pool on the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicole D, Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback from your recent stay with us. We have just begun to provide the hot breakfast and we are glad to hear your comments regarding what we have to offer. We are thrilled that you feel that we were the perfect location for you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when you come to the area.

Nicole Dodge/AGM
Fairfield Inn Clay/Syracuse
Gatineau, Québec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

We often come to the Syracuse NY area to shop. We usually stay in the Carrier Circle area in East Syracuse - however this time, a fantastic promotional price took us to the Clay NY Fairfield. The hotel lives up to the Marriott brand, very clean, large room (2 queen, not doubles), very comfy. Although the spa was closed, I found the pool to be very clean and well kept.

The area is great - about 8-10 minutes from the Interstate. Access to I-90 and I-83 is easy and without traffic. I did not expect there would be such great shopping in Clay! Worth the short detour!

All around the hotel are stores, TJ MAXX, WalMart, Dick's, etc.and plenty of dining options such as Uno, Chili's, Olive Garden etc.

I recommend this hotel, and I will be back for sure!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank charrma
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location and all it has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Nicole Dodge/AGM
Fairfield inn Clay/Syracuse
Clifton Park, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed here as a launching pad for wine country. Price was too good to pass up. Found out why. Previous posts on Tripadvisor had scared me as to the personnel. That wasn't the problem. Each person we interacted to, was polite, friendly and smiling. The room was clean, well-appointed and typical of Marriott. The rub came with the construction of the building. The doors in the hallway slammed! with a resonating effect. Someone coming in at 11:00 pm could wake you if they let the door close on it's own. The doors between rooms were not insulated metal, but partical board with a laminate finish. Not sound absorbing. And - you could feel the floor move beneath you. We were on the 3rd floor (top floor) so - I have no idea what it would be like to be on a lower floor. My wife believes in the "white sound machine" she got in Bed, Bath & Beyond. You could also use a fan. (we used to). Breakfast was acceptable. Internet was free and functional. If you are a light sleeper, this is not your place.

Room Tip: Top floor is your friend. Even number face the interstate. Choose odd.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicole D, Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments. I am pleased to hear the positive feedback about our staff and your guest room.

Nicole Dodge
Assistant General Manager
Williamsville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stay at the Fairfield Inn, Clay N.Y. often for business. I truly appreciate the exceptional customer service, from the personalized greeting upon arrival to the cleanliness of the rooms. Being a Platinum member with Marriott, I see a lot of hotels and find this hotel one of the best! Thank you to Laurie, Tami, Nicole & Sam for ALL of their GREAT service. I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Annemarie E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
It was so wonderful to read your critique on your last visit. Thank you for the kind words and the mention of Laurie, Nicole, Sam and Tami. (They love to see their names in print). You've become another family member and are always welcome to visit us anytime. We'll find the room. Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
#2 of 12 in Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay
BEST WESTERN PLUS Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area

Been to Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay? Share your experiences!