“Fairfield Inn Syracuse, N.Y.”

Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Liverpool
Orange, California
“Fairfield Inn Syracuse, N.Y.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Fairfield Inn, in Clay, was a great experience. The whole staff was very friendly, helpful, and a pleasure to deal with, from the GM to the housekeepers. They were extremely accommodating and close to so many places. About 10 min from airport, 15 min from the downtown mall as well as so many places to eat within 2 min from the hotel. Although this is an older hotel the staff and General Manager really make up for it. A wonderful place to stay. I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: For me the king with a sofa is the best choice. Although that is the only room I have stayed in it...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Max M
Nicole D, Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for the 5 Star review. It is wonderful to receive such positive and encouraging comments from our guests. We strive to give our very best customer service and make sure that all our guests are happy during their time with us and that their expectations are met. We look forward to seeing you again soon when you come back to visit the area.
Nicole Dodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
stratford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

A bit pricey for the condition of the place, although clean. Definitely needs updating. No amenities in the room (no fridge or microwave). No gym. Definitely the forgotten step-child of the Marriott chain.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mrkot
Nicole D, Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for the comments regarding your past stay. We value all opinions be it positive or negative. We are glad to hear that you felt we were a clean property. We take great pride in making sure that we offer fresh, clean rooms to our guests. Our apologies that we do not have many of the amenties that other properties do. What we don't have we make up with our excellence in customer service. We strive to make sure all of our guests have a positive experience when staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn Clay/Syracuse.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel is NOT intended for the business traveler, and I would STRONGLY recommend that ALL travelers stay elsewhere.

The double front doors are both heavy and do not open automatically, making it difficult to enter with a laptop and suitcase. After struggling at the entrance, there was no one at the counter to greet me. It was around 4:15 PM, but no one came to help me. I could hear people talking in the back, but it took several minutes and me yelling, "HELLO?" into the back for someone to come and assist me.

Then, they had my name on a light up board near the desk, announcing to everyone that I was staying in the hotel that night. As a woman, traveling alone, I asked that they please do not publicize my name or information. This is not standard Marriott procedure and made me very uncomfortable.

As if the welcome (or lack thereof) wasn't bad enough, the room was disgusting and uncomfortable. The Wifi didn't work well, the TV had limited channels, and worst of all- there was a 1" gap under the door. This allowed EVERY SINGLE SOUND in the hallway to come into the room. When people came up and down the stairs at night, or children ran back and forth to the pool, yelling, it was as if it was right there in the room with me. I did NOT sleep well for work the next day.

Now, if my experience wasn't bad enough, I wrote in to Marriott afterwards to let them know about this experience. As a Platinum Rewards member, I've come to expect more from this company during my frequent stays. Typically, they are more than happy to make up for any problems during a stay.

THE WORST PART IS THEIR RESOLUTION OF THE PROBLEM! Marriott forwarded my email to their manager, the very same one who was hiding in the back when I first arrived! She wrote back and LIED about how they came out to help me right away!! Her letter said that she was in the back office working when I arrived, and since they have monitors that show when a guest has arrived, she came out as soon as she saw me in the monitor. But this simply isn't true! If anyone took the time to actually review the cameras, they would see me looking around the lobby for quite some time before starting to shout into the back where I heard voices. I can't believe the manager would straight out LIE to a customer to make herself look better.

Then, she made up excuses for the front door and the gap under the doors, saying that they have no control over many of the condition issues that I mentioned, because the hotel is 15 years old and was built in this "manor". Obviously, the hotel is built in a bad "MANOR" that isn't accommodating to your guests.

I informed them of problems, and they only make excuses instead of attempting to correct the disappointing situations. If they sincerely took pride in making sure their guests are happy and comfortable, how about updating the "MANOR" of the hotel so that it is like all other Marriotts out there? Automatic doors aren't space-age, they're expected. A worker to check you in and a quiet place to sleep aren't unrealistic expectations, it's what we pay for when booking a hotel room.

AVOID THIS OUTDATED HOTEL WITH RUDE, LYING STAFF! There are plenty of other great ones nearby, save yourself the hassle and get a good night's rest elsewhere.

Green Features: They didn't do anything to be more environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Nicole D, Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, 28 March 2014

Our apologies that you felt your stay was not what you expected. We hope that you will return to allow us the opportunity to make sure that you have a welcoming and pleasant stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed here on our way to Rochester. The hotel was nice, clean and the staff was very friendly. Snacks when we arrived... coffee, tea and hot chocolate available all day and night and a decent breakfast in the morning. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Nicole D, Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your 5 Star rating for your recent stay with us here at Fairfield Inn Clay/Syracuse. We truly appreciate your wonderful comments that you posted. We are pleased to hear that your time with us was a positive experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon in the future. Have a great day!
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is not the best Fairfield Inn we've stayed at in terms of room renovations but it was clean and comfortable. The best thing about this property is no doubt the staff, they are so friendly and it reminds you of being at a family member's home! Check in was easy and there was free coffee/tea 24 hours. The breakfast was fresh but it really bothers me that these hotels continue to use Styrofoam and plastics for breakfast. It seems we should know better about taking care of the environment by now. The Marriott brand has a commitment to the environment and everyone knows that these items end up in landfills and their productions harms our water ways and the air we breathe!

Room Tip: This is a quiet area, most of the noise would come from the hallways as the doors are not very sound...
Green Features: Just terrible for Fairfield Inn across this country and other hotels to be using plastic and Styrofoam every day for their breakfast. I think at least a customer could have a choice?
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Nicole D, Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your past stay here with us. It is wonderful to hear the positive feedback regarding our staff. They take great pride in their jobs and do their very best to make sure all of our guests feel welcome and at home when staying with us. We hope that you will continue to come stay with us when you are in the Syracuse area. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great day!
Cordially,
Dundas, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed at the Fairfield on my way home from Ottawa to Hamilton, on... property was easy to find, very clean and check in staff super friendly and helpful... room as spacious, clean and bed very comfortable... breakfast was excellent... and there was ample space to sit and enjoy it... again staff very accommodating and always clearing dishes and cups non-thinking guests left on the tables... trash containers were clearly marked for all to see and yet some people just could not pick up their plates and dump them.. but staff was right there to make things right... I was able to get a cup of tea late at night... a huge plus... !! I do groups...and am a travel professional...I would not hesitate to send one of my groups to this hotel, or for that matter any of my guests... it does live up to the Marriott brand expectations...something I depend on in my business...we also used the pool...it was nice...too bad it did not have a hot tub...as my husband's aching bones could have used that...but the pool was well maintained, the water a comfortable temperature...another huge bonus...you did not have to "break the ice" to get into the water as you do at some hotels...and the front desk was generous with pool towels...all in all a great stay and welcome extension for a short holiday we were taking before the New Year...!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Nicole D, Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted for your recent stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn Clay/Syracuse. We take great pride in providing a welcoming & positive stay for our guests. I am pleased to hear that you felt everything was up to your expectations. We enjoy receiving all comments which allow us to utilze them as training tools to better future stays for all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again for your future travel needs.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I usually stay at Hilton Group hotels, but the local Hampton Inn was full, so tried the Fairfield. First Marriott I've stayed in, and likely the last, based on this experience. Staff were friendly, but the hotel seemed dated, cramped, lacking some expected comforts, and dirty. It's not as if the price was low - I paid $118. The previous night I'd paid $122 at a nearby Hampton Inn, and paid $116 at a Hilton Garden the following night. There was no comparison! The Fairfield was not good value. Start with the entrance - no automatic door, just a single manual one you have to negotiate with your luggage. Lobby area is tiny. Just one elevator, leading to long delays (especially when housekeeping is using it). Room was musty and carpet stained and dirty. Bathroom supplies were sparse (no moisturizer and single-ply toilet paper!). Breakfast bar was OK, but fewer options than Hampton Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicole D, Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
A note of THANKS for allowing us to serve as your host during your recent visit. Your feed back on our service and property is valuable to us and we do welcome all constructive comments concerning your stay. If we can possibly do something better we want to hear about it with the intent to retain your business and recommendations.
We hope that you will return to allow us the opportunity to make sure that you have a welcoming and pleasant stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Have a great day.
Nicole Dodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
#2 of 12 in Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay
BEST WESTERN PLUS Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area

Been to Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay? Share your experiences!