“Tastes for all tastes”

Ember Woodfire Grill
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Livonia
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: EMBER WOOD FIRE GRILL is a casual dining restaurant, occupying the old historic train station in the quaint village of Livonia in Livingston County, committed to a hospitality first attitude. In an era dominated by chain restaurants and fast, pre-packaged food, our mission is to bring our patrons REAL food at reasonable prices. Comfort from scratch cuisine using the best ingredients from sustainable sources, whenever possible: selections with no growth hormones, pesticides, pre-packaged, frozen or use of steam tables will be used in our kitchen. Our food is high quality and labor intensive, the same as some of the top restaurants, in the country, without the big city over head, so we can keep our prices reasonable. Our hope is that you, our customer, will enjoy the combination of stunning modern architecture and old charm: simple, good food "meant to share" from farm to plate. Our menus will changes with the seasons, our wood fire selections are cooked with real wood, our wine and micro brew selections are large and extensive. Our well trained staff will make your selection approachable and fun. S.O.S.: Shorts or Suit, come down and enjoy!!!
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We came with a group of teen girls and everyone found something they loved -- and then shared with the whole group! Ambiance and service were top-notch!

2  Thank CathyGG
There are newer reviews for Ember Woodfire Grill

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I keep thinking I will find something that disappoints, but I am still looking. The food is outstanding. The beer and wine selection if fantastic. The ambiance is warm in the winter and fresh in the summer. Make a reservation if you go on a Friday or Saturday. The calamari salad is the best.

1  Thank canadicechiq
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I was shocked to find a place this good in Livonia (no offense). The staff does a great job even when it is packed, which it often is on weekends.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Ember Woodfire Grill indeed has some of the best higher-end food in the greater Rochester, NY area. And I'm thrilled to have quality food available within a few miles of home (and without having to drive 25 miles into Rochester). However, this place has get to get their kitchen management act together. Stating "We're a Tapas place" doesn't absolve the place from presenting food to a table in a reasonable manner, especially when it comes to the ("Large Plate") main course. Last night, we had dinner with a party of 4. One of us was presented our entree a full 20 minutes befor the rest of us. This just workable when dining in a group setting.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

I've been to Ember Woodfire Grill many times and have always loved it. On my last visit I brought a friend from NYC because I wanted to show her we have some classy places here in our region. We began with a drink at the bar, and even though there was a large party celebrating, we were attended to promptly. As another reviewer stated, wine selection was decent, at good prices, and the serving was more than generous.

We sat in the rear dining room which is beautiful, though I like the front room as well. I've been there in the summer and the patio is awesome too, with live music throughout the season.
They start you out with an assortment of bread and dips. So good! It's fun to try different tapas and share and they are always unique and delicious. I have to say, the ahi tuna on toasted tortilla triangles ($18) was one of the most tasty dishes I have ever had. The tuna was incredible, cooked perfectly and extremely tender. I hope it's on the menu the next time I go back.
Two others favorites are the wedge salad (iceberg lettuce never tasted so good), and the calamari salad (the best I've ever had and enough to share with 4-6 people) but really, I've never had anything that wasn't delicious at this restaurant.
Service was great. We never felt rushed. It was a Wednesday night so not as crowded as on the weekend. But no matter when you go, you will absolutely love this place!!

1  Thank Beebs10