“really bad layout” 3 of 5 bubbles

Lake Effect Artisan Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Lockport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a cool little artisan ice cream shop that specializes in amazing ice cream in flavors that will astound you.
Lockport
“really bad layout”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

ice cream is ok. but you can't get in or out of this place without going through the line of people waiting to be served. only one entrance and exit makes this place complete gridlock while trying to be served. staff is very friendly but they needed an architect while they were renovating this space.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Rochester, New York, United States
“Awesome ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Be sure to cool off after your stroll along the locks with one of their amazing homemade ice creams. I had the salted caramel double scoop in a waffle cone. Mmm good!

• Visited June 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Excellent Ice Cream with Infinite (almost) Flavors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I stopped at Lake Effect Artisan Ice Cream after dinner last night. The restaurant was busy, but not too busy. To us, this is a good sign. The selection of ice cream flavors was amazing, with choices we had never seen before. The ice cream was excellent.
Along with a large ice cream selection, they had unique sundaes. I tried a new one (for me), with flavors I don't usually pick, and I enjoyed it.
You can go outside on the walkway to sit, or over to the little pocket park. You also can walk around the Erie Canal, as the restaurant is right on the canal. In good weather, this is a perfect place to get an ice cream and then explore the Erie Canal locks of Lockport on foot.

Visited June 2014
Williamsville, New York
“One of the best places for locally made ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you are looking for excellent quality, homemade ice cream with some unique flavors, then get yourself over to the Lake Effect Artisan Ice Cream shop in Lockport. Really, I love ice cream and I don't eat much of it anymore for two reasons: I'm watching my sugar intake and, I won't eat ice cream that just isn't worth the calories. So I usually go for non/low fat, no added sugar ice cream or yogurt because it's just healthier. However, there are times that you should throw "healthy" out the window and this ice cream is one of those times. Anyway, my friend and I decided that a beautiful sunny day was perfect for a ride to Lockport and to check out this shop. It's located right on the canal, and with tables and chairs both inside and outside. Don't bother asking if they carry any no/low fat ice cream...they don't. After asking such a silly question, one of the owners came up to me and asked how he could help. He offered different tastes of his various ice creams and, after tasting a few, that yes, I'm ordering because this ice cream is worth the calories!! He combined raspberry chocolate truffle with chocolate ice cream that is made from cocoa beans that he imports from Ghana. The chocolate has a delicious creamy flavor with a hint of bittersweet chocolate...delicious. The raspberry chocolate truffle is divine...raspberry with chocolate...can't go wrong there. He told me he had chopped walnuts but if I like, he would go in the back to get whole walnuts, which he did. I even had him give me a little hot fudge on top...did I say I was going to enjoy it all?? Well, I did. You can spoil yourself once in a while, and this place is where you should go to do it. They have so many unusual flavors...go on line and check them out. Prices are very reasonable, also. I paid $3.50 for my sundae. My friend had vanilla with "wet walnuts" which are whole walnuts soaked in maple syrup and she loved it. They sell their ice cream in pints at the shop plus other select places locally. And the servers were very friendly and informative, along with, of course, the owner. This great little ice cream shop is well worth going to and enjoying the scenery along the canal while you're eating some of the best ice cream ever.

• Visited May 2014
Niagara Falls, New York
“Awesome Dishes of Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Awesome ice cream, innovative sundaes, nice environment, right at the Famous Flight of Five Locks on the Erie Canal. Everything they serve is great, nice and clean place, lots of inside and outside seating. If you like Ice Cream, you own it to yourself to try Lake Effect!

• Visited May 2014