“Maintains excellent flavors”

Lake Effect Artisan Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Lockport
Description: We are a cool little artisan ice cream shop that specializes in amazing ice cream in flavors that will astound you.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lake effects has innovative and varied ingredients in its large menu. On this visit i had a personal favorite, a salty caramel. The ice cream base was soft and flavorful, it blended with the slightly
salty caramel with its velvety smooth texture. I have visited Lake effects over the last two years,
the quality has maintained, my vote for the best ice cream in this region is Lake effects!
If the weather permits the store's site is steps away from famous Erie canal locks 34/35
this is a worthwhile visit for adults and children.

1  Thank Break0ut

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Had a hit fudge sundae on black cherry. Outstanding. Characters. Characters. Characters. Characters.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I like ice cream, but rarely choose it as my treat. When I'm in Lockport, it's a different story. YUM!! If you love ice cream, you'll love this place. It's as simple as that!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Went to Niagara Falls for vacation. Had the urge for ice cream -- and I am an "ice cream foodie." This place came up in my search, and earned close to perfect five stars, so I thought it would be worth the ride. WELL! It certainly was! The place is across the street from Locks 34/35 in Lockport, which gives you something to walk around and see while eating your cones (but the sundaes looked fantastic too). The parlor itself is just adorable and very, very clean. The staff was helpful, attentive, and fast. We (husband and I) ordered double scoops in cups, and took a walk. I can tell you for sure that the peanut butter/chocolate combination contained the very best peanut butter ice cream I ever had. The flavors were so yummy that we chose to return BACK in about an hour, after seeing the Locks, and ordered another scoop each (choosing to forego dinner). I cannot remember the flavor name, but it was a rich chocolate ice cream that include chili powder. At first bite, your taste buds tasted dark chocolate, but when you swallowed, there was the little tickle/burn of chili powder in your throat. So, so, good if you like that sort of thing! I do believe that this place may have the best ice cream I have ever had. I am sorry we don't live closer, but my waistline is not! YUM!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed open a few extra minutes for us at closing…what service.…super friendly…and of course..great ice cream…