“Very nice place!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
“Very nice place!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Had the NY strip and au gratin potatoes.. was a great meal. Server was nice and prompt! Would go back again if returning to the area!

1 Thank Alljackedup408

New York
“Delicious steaks Very nice staff”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The steak dinner was great!! It came with many sides for a great price. The menu had a large variety of items to choose from. The bar area is very nice as well. The bartender and waitress were friendly. The décor is unique with pictures of the town of Lockport. Overall the service and the food were great!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank markyNewYork
Lake Placid, New York
“So so”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

In the 70's and 80's Danny Sheehans used to be our go to special occasion restaurant. Food quality really declined late 80's so we hadn't been there in 20 years! We decided to try again because we have read recent positive reviews.

A friend and I ordered the surf and turf for 2. It came with baked stuffed clams, a salad, choice of potato, steak, an 8 oz. lobster tail and garlic or plain toast.

The baked stuffed clams were excellent. Crispy crumbs, plenty of chopped clam and some diced red pepper. My filet mignon was perfectly cooked, tender and delicious. House salad needed work. Tasteless iceberg lettuce with a few bits of field green, onion and horrible croutons. I ordered mashed potatoes and gravy that the waitress assured me were home made. The gravy looked and tasted like paste and the mashed potatoes had a weird, sweet aftertaste. My friend had the au gratin potatoes. This was a dish of broiled, chunked potato with a cheesy, vinegary sauce. Not good. We ordered a side of sautéed mushrooms. They were tasteless and watery with a cardboard consistency. Another friend ordered Uncle Shakies beef and mushroom pie. This turned out to be an enormous boat of gravy paste, meat chunks and cardboard mushrooms topped with mashed potatoes. Size was the only thing that stood out about this dish.

Turtle pie for dessert was great. Service was excellent. Good wine list with reasonable prices and many beers to choose from. If I ever go again I would just order a steak, baked potato and pay the up charge for a salad of field greens.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lisa C
Lockport, New York
“My Wish”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

If I could take one thing to a dessert island, it would be Danny Sheehan's. Always our first choice. House dressing very delicious. Augratin potatoes excellent. All entrees wonderful. Polite staff. Great service.

• Visited March 2014
Buffalo, New York
“I can't offer a rating”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had 7:00 reservations for 4. Waited at bar until 7:45 and went to the owner to inquire about our table. His response was short and rude and told me to talk to the hostess. Hostess told me that we arrived at 7:30 and would have to wait. Well, we arrived at 6:45 and checked in with the same hostess and that was made clear to her. When owner walked back, we asked how much longer we would need to wait and he ignored us. When we went back to the bar, owner proceeded to give us dirty looks. At 8:00, after a one hour wait, we asked again about a table. We were told by the owner that if we don't stop "chirping" we could leave. Well, I really didn't want a confrontation and didn't want to spend my money at this establishment, so we left. As an aside, I ordered a Jim Beam on the rocks which is my normal drink and didn't think this is what I was drinking even though I saw it poured out of a Jim Beam bottle. I assume this place is cheap prices but cheap food and very bad manners.

• Visited February 2014