“Good Food!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We tried this restaurant with several family members recently. Since we are from Texas, BBQ is something we eat frequently. We were highly impressed with the flavor, quality and selection this restaurant had to offer! Everyone loved their choices. We were stuffed after eating our meal so didn't get to try any of the wonderful looking desserts. We will definitely return when we are back in the area.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We went here on 7/21/13 for my Papa's birthday dinner. The bar is wine/beer only, which was my first disappoinment of the night. The menu is small & limited, but does offer tons of typical bbq dishes, including a catfish platter that we spilt as an appitizer. I got the 2-meat combo - pulled pork & brisket. The pulled pork was awesome, one of the best I've had in awhile. The brisket was the opposite, one of the worst I've had in awhile. The brisket was overcooked, dry and extra fatty. My husband got the bbq chicken which was also extremely dry. They have a lot of sides to choose from, which were descent too. The ribs are very very good here, I'd highly recommend them, as well as their sticky burbon sauce - soooo good!! All in all, it was an okay dinner. We would not be back, but it is worth trying at least once if you are in the area. I wasn't entirely impressed with this restaurant, but it by far was not the worst either. The food that we thought was 'not good' surely was good enough to eat & clear the plate, if you get my drift!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We had them cater for graduation, over 100 people; showed up on time, perfect ribs/chicken/baked beans; Owner Scott said they were missing a tray of chicken and went back and returned in no time before guests arrived for dinner; meals set up to keep hot, best tasting ribs and chicken and beans I have had in over 50 years. Fair price, great service, spectacular food. Large parties usually something goes wrong, but not this year; he brought the tables/pans/sterno etc; worth every penny.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband I stopped here yesterday with another couple on our way to an art show in Lockport. We had this barbeque years ago when they catered a wedding we attended, and wanted to try the actual restaurant. The restaurant was basic, which was fine since we weren't looking for anywhere fancy, we just wanted good food, and that is what we got! I had the special of the day which was a Cuban sandwich with a side of mashed potatoes. The sandwich was amazing...great portions of meat and presented nicely. I ate the whole thing! My husband got a brisket sandwich and said it was one of the best he's ever had. We recently dined at a place in the town we live in that is famous for their roast beef sandwiches. One-eyed Jacks was better by far than this other place, and for half the price. We are planning another trip back next Sunday!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Consistently good food at low prices. The menu is very simple and the location is very convenient. I would recommend to those who like barbecue.

Been to One Eyed Jacks? Share your experiences!