“None of the Lockport Hotels are decent. Stay in Amherst and make the 12mile commute.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lockport
Reviewed 26 December 2011

the rooms smell, like everyone said. The put the smokerrs on the main floor, so everyone above gets to smell it The wallpaper is patched-- to an art form. The decor is 1970's. The linens were bought the same year.

My mom lives in Wrights Corners, so we come he a lot to see family. I've stayed in all the Lockport hotels. The Holiday Inn next door is old and tired. The Lockport Inn is the nicest of the three, but it's a motel-- expect exterior entrances. My best experience is commuting in daily from Amherst/Clarence-- stay at the Staybridge Suites if they have a room-- but you'll pay considerably more. I've tried the Days Inn in Niagara Fals-- it's just as bad as the Lockport options.

The stay this time is only $70 a night over the Christmas holidays. My expectations are very low as we've stayed at this hole a few times. My hopes for improvement are always dashed.

• Stayed: December 2011

Reviewed 24 November 2011

I do a very lot of traveling for my job and stay in this town a lot as well. I used to stay at the Comfort Inn years ago when it was "corporate owned" along with the old Best Western next door. Back then it was the newest, most modern and cleanest hotel in town...period! I figured I'd try it again and was hugely disappointed. The owner/manager was rude and belittling to the female guest who was checking in before me which shocked me. To me he was just cold and abrupt, probably because he saw I was not pleased with how he treated the guest before. Getting past that, the room was pretty run down. What really got to me is when I closed the bathroom door and saw the floor was filthy with hair behind the door. Ewww! Breakfast was very sparse and unappealing, like as if it was the cheapest thing they could legally put out and still call it breakfast. I checked out after only one night of a scheduled 4 day stay. I hope the "corporation" takes it over again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Tom A
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Check in and out was fast and courteous. The room and facilities were clean and comfortable. The motel was quiet. A decent breakfast and coffee in room. Pillows were acceptable softness. A nice stay. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I would want to book away from Transit Road if possible. But not noisy anyway.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I rented 4 rooms at this location on Oct 8th and 9th and the rooms were better than your typical comfort inn.

Staff was courtious and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank scalwag
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Our room was clean and comfortable. Price was reasonable and the location was near Erie Canal activities. The front desk clerks were friendly and helpful. We stayed one night. The breakfast buffet was good and the breakfast room clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank OmahaNEOmaha
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I cannot stress enough that you save your money and stay somewhere else than the Comfort Inn in Lockport! After getting into our room we started getting flea bites/bed bug bites (not sure yet which they are) The room smelled, the room was dirty, and our window was "locked" by a stick between the windows. After opening the window we saw that our screen was bent as if someone tried to break in. The furniture was extremely dirty. After contacting the hotel with our complaints, the management had a very flip attitude and basically said "so what, we're independently owned and there is nothing that will be done". After contacting the main office of Comfort Inn, I was told that there was nothing they could do to resolve this issue. I am disgusted as I just threw away 400.00 for vacation and got bug bites, dirty accommodations, poor service, and it really put a damper on our whole vacation. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank dotterer2004
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The room was extremely dirty and smelly. When we went, they still had the ozone electronic device to remove the dirty smell but looks like it didn't help. The bath rooms were dirty and sink was clogged. The carpets were bad. But we were tired after driving from cincinnati to cleveland and then to this place since we were planning to visit niagara. They keep the back doors open for janitors to movearound which is unsafe.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family