“Nice Dining Establishment”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Long Island, New York
“Nice Dining Establishment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

This restaurant is tucked away in the quaint town of Locust Valley.
Had an enjoyable dinner with a friend. Rustic atomosphere. Food was very good. We enjoyed a glass of wine each, calms oreganto for appetizer, tri-color salad and we split an order of veal with brown sauce and vegetables and it was plenty, I couldn't imagine eating a full plate. $90.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank FranFromFlushing

Glen Cove, New York
“Great pizza lunch in the outdoor patio!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

This time for lunch the two grandkids wanted pizza so we took them to the Basil Leaf Cafe. We live in the area and have driven by often and wondered why the parking lot always seemed full. Now we know--the food is excellent. Sitting in the pretty outdoor patio between the two dining rooms, we shared a Margherita pizza, an Ortolano(vegetable) pizza, the Basil Leaf salad, and, just to be daring and imagining himself to be Jules Verne, one of the kids had the Octopus appetizer which he enjoyed. The pizzas and salad were terrific! For dessert, the kids shared the chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream. We had to order two more scoops of ice cream they loved it so much. The service was very efficient and friendly so we expect to be frequent diners there, next time just my wife and I for dinner though.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank matinecock
Leonia, New Jersey
“Delightful treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

This little cottage like restaurant is very warm and inviting. The wait staff is pleasant, patient, accommodating and efficient. I was delighted and impressed that the chef made a dish OFF the menu just because I asked if they had it (arrabiatta sauce) - they made it just for me and it was delicious. They didn't charge me anything extraordinary for this. I was visiting a friend I hadn't seen in a while and the waiter was so nice to take countless pictures of us. The food was excellent. Northern Italian. Very flavorful. Nice wine menu. Overall a very positive experience.

1 Thank KatMom419
Warren, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

Good quality Italian food, nice buffet. Nice, quiet dining atmosphere. Would definitely go there again.

Oyster Bay, New York
“My parents go to Basil Leaf every Sunday from October through May. It can't be half bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

and I go three or four times a year. I like sitting near the bar. The pizzas are terrific and my wife loves the fish. Very attentive service. Cozy atmosphere in a great central location. My one complaint is the wine by the glass pour. Very light.