“Worst Meal I ever Had.”

Locust Valley Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

To start off with I ordered Surf & Turf. The Lobster came out DEAD. And what I mean by that is It Fell apart it was Brown and It Smelled BAD! While I understand everyone in a while you get a Not so good meal. This was Disgusting. Then to top it off the Manager comes to my table and start Arguing with me about the Dead Lobster. I asked how can your Chef Server this inedible food. I was told I have to pay for the Dead Lobster. My Wife Lobster was Fine. I told the I want one like That!!! I asked for the check, Paid and walked out. This was about 2 years ago Have not been back since. Save your Money go to Mill Creek Tavern in Bayville.

1  Thank harleyd73

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had dinner there on New Year's Eve and were once again very happy with our meals. The buffet was delicious and had so many yummy choices. Never have been disappointed at this restaurant. Will remember to make our reservations earlier next year as we ended sitting upstairs which is entirely our fault.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

my husband's company gives us employee discount to many places. We wanted to continue support for local places. We made a reservation at 6 and was seated in front of a lovely large fireplace. The menu was american / german made foods. The prefix dinner is the way we went. We ordered 3 dinners for four of us and the quantity of food was enough to feed 5 - unless u like it supersized. The chicken rangotonni wrapped w cheese & ham was tasty but chicken was dry. The pork chop was fried in a nice breading but the meat was dry too. The calamari was fried perfectly. The penne was al dente but the sauce was way too much and overpowering with spices. And yes, the penne and calamari was served as a dinner dish - i had to get it as it sounded so strange a combination. For the dessert, the chocolate mouse was fluffy and sweet with a tint of liquor. Cheese cakes look ok - i did not try. and the carrot cake was probably frozen before, it tasted like water and cardboard. & there was plenty of whip cream. Service was ok but friendly - we had to ask to have our table cleared a couple of times.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Went to the Locust Valley Inn for dinner with some friends. Place is clean and people were friendly but food was just mediocre. I had the Wiener Schnitzel which was very greasy and not that tasty. On the side were 2 potato pancakes which were also very greasy and too well done. With the pancakes you get applesauce. The brought over a tiny cup that did not have more than a teaspoon of applesauce in it. It seemed very petty for a dish that was $24.95. The other people at the table said food was OK but just OK. If you don't go in with high expectations I guess you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

This was my first trip back after moving from Locust Valley 30 years ago,the Locust Valley Inn was my favourite restaurant then and the food is still as good, the welcome still as warm.It was nice to show my family this lovely area for the first time and not be disappointed. I look forward to my return.

1  Thank JennyAtkinson