Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
US$111
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$96
US$64
US$58
Hampton Inn Penn Yan(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$96
Lakeside Resort(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$101
Chieftain Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$88
US$82
  • Free Internet
Longhouse Lodge Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$128
Anchor Inn And Marina(Watkins Glen)
US$92
US$88
  • Bar/Lounge
Glen Motor Inn(Watkins Glen)
US$140
Travelocity
Gorgeous View Motel(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$113
All reviewspicnic basketevery morningfire pithot tubfinger lakeshomemade breakfastseneca lakehalf halfoutdoor grillshort drivepots and pansnational forestlittle extra toucheshiking trailsyear wedding anniversaryfresh flowers on the tablebeautiful cabin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Brenda and Mike we had a wonderful weekend at your cabin Aspen! My husband and I & 2 of our daughters and the 2 dogs never imagined how nice a cabin in the woods would be. The rooms were nicely furnished and very very clean. The best part though was your delicious basket that arrived each morning. I don't believe there was a scrap left. The spinach quiche was the best I have ever had and the apple turnovers I had to fight for today

If we ever have a need to visit there again you are the first place I would call. And I definitely would recommend it to all my fiends

Thank you again for making our weekend enjoyable. The Johnson family

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I had a great stay in our Mill Creek Cabin, July 31 - August 4. Mill Creek is perfectly located for taking in all of the amenities the area has to offer. We found our immaculate accommodations perfect for the two of us and enjoyed peace, privacy, and the hospitality of our wonderful hosts, Brenda and Mike. Indeed, the positive reviews are true! We enjoyed the fabulous hot tub one evening and only wish we had more time to spend at Mill Creek. So happy we found this gem! Thank you Brenda and Mike for making our stay in the Finger Lakes truly memorable.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife & I returned to Mill Creek Cabins for five nights over the 4th of July weekend. We had vacationed there 5 years before. True to our memory from 2009, everything was lovely. The many positives reviews listed on Tripadvisor are accurate. We look for privacy, in comfortable lodging, nestled among nature. Mill Creek is perfect for us. We loved the breakfasts, and charm of the surroundings (including the owners). We had left a bottle of medicine in the cabin when we checked out. Brenda contacted us right away and mailed it overnight express as a courtesy. That kind of thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated. We recommend this property unconditionally.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank briandlowery
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Positives: My husband and I stayed at Mill Creek Cabins for ten nights in the middle of June. It was an absolutely wonderful experience. The property has two cabins, as well as the main house where the owners live. The cabins are surrounded by trees and feel very private. There is a screened gazebo in which there is a large hot tub. The cabin was exceptionally well-stocked -- they really went above and beyond. In addition to the usual kitchen stuff and bathroom supplies, there were board games, extra pillows and blankets, a battery powered lantern, an outdoor grill (charcoal and matches provided), an outdoor fire ring (wood provided), fresh cut flowers in the cabin, towels for use at the hot tub, a first aid kit, etc. The air conditioning is provided via a box air conditioner in a window in the living room, but the cabin is so small that this is sufficient to cool the whole place. There is also a nice old-fashioned gas stove which provides the heat. The control for the heater is a bit confusing, so be sure to pay attention when they explain that part during their introduction to the cabin.

Every morning, they bring you a picnic basket breakfast, which has homemade pastries, fruit, and juice. They gave us something different each of the ten mornings we were there. It was a huge amount of food -- often more than we could eat -- and very well-prepared. Also, it was always warm when we got it... even on the one morning when we had overslept a little bit.

Negatives: The cabin was cosy for two adults. I think it would be tight with 4 and impossibly cramped with 6 (which is the maximum it sleeps). There is almost no counter space in the kitchen, so you wind up using the kitchen table a lot for food prep. The water at the cabin is well water with a high sulfur content, so it stinks a bit and doesn't taste good. Also, It takes about ten minutes for hot water to start flowing through the taps. There is a very good water filter on the kitchen tap, and the filtered water tastes fine. The cabin is near a chicken farm, and you do hear the roosters crowing sunrise to sunset, but it is not so loud as to be annoying. The lighting in the kitchen and living room was dim -- it could have used more lights or higher wattage bulbs. The screen on the front door needed to be repaired, as it had pulled away from the frame and let bugs in.

Details: The cabin had a lovely front porch which had: Two Adirondack chairs, a rocking chair, a fire pit, a charcoal grill, a picnic table, humming bird feeder, outdoor cooking tools, a bin for recyclables, a bag of charcoal, a stack of extra firewood, and a small table with a citronella candle. The kitchen had: microwave, compact electric stove/oven, compact fridge/freezer, toaster, and pots/pans/kitchen gadgets. Note that there is no dishwasher. The living/dining area had a table with leaves, 6 dining chairs (2 initially found in the bedrooms), living room seating for 4 (futon sofa and an arm chair), coffee table and end table, wide screen TV with satellite, wardrobe with extra linens, battery lantern, ceiling fan, overhead light, air conditioner, and stove heater. The bathroom had a shower (no tub), first aid kit, and all necessary towels /supplies (soap, shampoo, etc). I think we were given four sets of towels in the bathroom. Bedroom 1 had a queen size bed with one side against a wall, overhead light, nightstand with lamp, and wardrobe with a couple drawers and space for hanging clothes. Bedroom two had a bunkbed against the wall. I don't think there was anything else in Bedroom 2, other than the dining chair that starts out there.

Overall: This place was an absolute gem. We just loved it and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marla_the_Mophead
flmillcreek, Owner at Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I am truly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I appreciate all of your kind comments. Please do allow me to address your list of "negatives" though. First, I know that Mike offers a lot of information when he is taking guests through an orientation of the cabin upon arrival, but he also states that everything he's saying is in the Guests Services binder on the coffee table for later reference.

I always tell people who are inquiring about the cabins that they sleep six if you're very, very close friends. :) That said, we have had numerous bachelorette parties where 12 girls have rented both cabins and numerous couples who have rented a cabin together and families from all over the world and no one has ever complained about being impossibly cramped.

I apologize for the smell of the water. We are so accustomed to it that we hardly notice it, but we do have large filters that we change on a monthly basis to eliminate the smell and our water has tested cleaner than most municipal drinking water, straight from the well. As you noted, just the faucet filter in the kitchen removes any smell/taste of the sulfur for drinking water. Had you mentioned the smell, Mike would have certainly changed the large filter.

The ten minute delay for the hot water is a huge exaggeration. I clean the cabins after every stay and it takes no more than a couple of minutes to get hot water if you put the faucet fully on hot initially (as instructed). It would take me a very long time to clean if I had to wait ten minutes every time I turned on the tap.

Our neighbors do not have a chicken farm! Rather they have a farm and they have some chickens. Big difference! The roosters watch over the hens and alert them to any perceived threats.

I'm not sure where we could possibly add more lighting in the great room. Between the kitchen light, the ceiling fan fixture and the floor lamp I've not had any complaints about the room being dim before, but we have changed to a three-way bulb in the floor lamp which can be made brighter for reading.

The screen door on that cabin has been a major pain this summer. We fix it after every single stay and yet people insist upon opening the door by pushing their hand against the screen instead of the wood. We are going to have the screen replaced professionally, again. The doors themselves were quite expensive, so switching to a different design isn't really an option. The other cabin door hasn't been a problem at all.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our family of four, including two teenage daughters stayed at the Aspen cabin for 5 days. I agree wholeheartedly with other reviewers that speak to the cleanliness and amenities of cabins. But there were other things that were just nice extras that made us feel at home and welcome. Mike had set up a badminton net behind our cabin for the girls. There were board games for the day that it rained! There was plenty of firewood for roasting marshmallows and making s’mores. There was a citronella candle outside for bugs, though we didn’t need it.

We asked Brenda for advice about where to hike in the National forest and had an excellent hike along the Ravine Trail. Mike raved about nearby Taughannock Falls, so we trekked along the Gorge Trail and were enthralled with the natural beauty of the place and the awe of a waterfall that drops 215 feet.

We came “home” one day to find a note at the door about a Farmer’s market going on in Trumansburg, so we went there and brought back some local food to cook at the cabin. We enjoyed Wine tastings while the girls enjoyed the view of Seneca Lake. (And when we looked in our kitchen later for a corkscrew, we found it!)

We enjoyed the cabin immensely, but also really enjoyed the hospitality of our hosts. They were available when we had questions, but were otherwise unobtrusive. We came to the Finger Lakes to relax, enjoy the scenery and reconnect as a family and all tasks were accomplished.

Room Tip: There's no bad room, both cabins are lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family