What a beautiful charming property in the heart of the Finger lakes wine region!
With views of the lake at sunset this place is hard to beat. Our room was loving maintained and the bed was one of those older tall beds.
The owner James was so helpful with recommendations and reservations at wineries and restaurants and a driver for the first day (so we could drink without worrying about driving!). James is also a very good cook! Our breakfast each morning was lovely.
In terms of location - it was walking distance to Dano's, a delicious German-inspired restaurant. We had a lovely meal the first night and returned the second night to pick up some home-made dips and antipasto to take back to eat on the deck of the B&B as the sun set over the lake. The Stoncat, nearby, was a great option for lunch! A perfect place for a wedding anniversary. Thanks James!
Dano’s (2 minutes away)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fox and Grapes,where 1885 Victorian charm combines with Lake Country Cottage. We provide an adults only atmosphere, an amazing view of Seneca Lake, warm hospitality and good things to eat. Minutes from wineries and restaurants like Silver Thread Vineyards and Wagner's, Dano's, Suzanne's and the Stonecat Cafe. 1/2 Hour to Ithaca, 15 minutes to Watkins Glen and 1/2 hour from Geneva. Whether you want a romantic get-a-away or a place to simply "get away", the Fox and Grapes is the perfect place to begin and end your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Fox and the Grapes Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fox And The Grapes Bed & Breakfast
- The Fox & The Grapes Hotel Lodi