“Love it Best Hotel in Long Beach!”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Awesome hotel! Felt like I was in South Beach! Loved the rooftop pool and the and the service they provide with the cabana boys on the beach. The best bartenders and wait staff ever! Danielle was my favorite! They do everthing possible to make your stay comfortable and the Manager even charged my blackberry for me when I forgot my charger! I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank cclove11
Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed 23 July 2011

For a second summer in a row we stayed at the hotel and were not able to enjoy the simple amenity of a room with a working air conditioning. On Friday the temperature (w/ heat index) hit 113°F and only found some sort of “relief” with 3 fans inside the room. Not kidding! The staff and the service are acceptable but they have to fix the AC problem at once. Bad service, bad reputation. You’re paying top cash not to be able to enjoy the comfort of your room. The restaurant staff basically was able to accommodate my dietary restriction due to my chronic illness and, I appreciated that very much. However, they’re understaffed and thus the service is at times slow. The area beach is great and you can really enjoy it as it was right in your backyard.

It irked me that after 4 calls and the engineer coming to the room to fix the AC we were no able to have one, only one night out of our 4 nights-stay sleeping in a comfortable cool room. The AC will be fixed to go down (again) in a matter of an hour. They should wake up and spend money to replace the whole AC system. …. Wishful thinking will not help their reputation.

Room Tip: When making the reservation, do ask/request for ocean view. It’s very enjoyable to open the curtains...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank MRBDEV
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I can't begin to tell you how unprofessional the "children" that they have running the hotel were, how the food was so so, room cleaned shodilly, lied about having my male companion having to have a sports jacket for dinner and when we showed up, people wearing shorts. no air conditioning although hot and muggy outside, and when went to breakfast, windows closed and was told too breezy and there was not even a wish of a breeze outside.Consierge failed to send reservation to restaurant. No face clothes or hand towels in room, and when room cleaned, ice bucket not emptied, dirty glasses not removed. Breakfast served stale challah bread and when requested fresh bread, was told that it had been bought the day before.This hotel was over rated all the way, and will never return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jcd0512
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Spent one evening here this past weekend, meant to be a relaxing night out of the city. Somehow these guys managed to make even a weekend at the beach a stressful event. Room was fine, actually pretty nice. But that's about where it ends.

I've stayed at plenty of bad hotels over the years, and have experienced my fair share of poor service, but this place takes the cake. They managed to get just about everything wrong, and really seemed quite unconcerned about it. In fact, I overheard a manager telling someone that if they had a good stay they should write about it on TripAdvisor, because people are constantly writing bad things about them there. Perhaps instead of asking people to write good reviews, they should just focus on the content of the bad ones and try improving.

Prime example: after a very poor experience at the restaurant on Saturday night - very mediocre yet overpriced food and an embarrassingly inattentive staff - my wife and I decided to leave an order on our door for breakfast room-service the following morning. When we woke up, about a half hour after the time we requested the food delivery, I checked the room door to find our door-tag menu had never even been collected. After four (4!) calls to the front desk, I was finally put in touch with someone in the restaurant who said "oh, sorry". I asked to speak with the restaurant manager, who explained that a lot of room service tags were missed the night before, and asked if I would still like to order breakfast. These people just don't get it, and I suspect that after being in business this long they never will.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mikeybe717
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This hotel is beautiful but has several huge flaws-the biggest one being that the poor sound isolation coupled with the noise level makes it impossible to get a good night's sleep. We had requested a quiet room since we're traveling w a 2 year old. We were given a room on the 3rd floor which turned out to be directly above the bar and close to the elevators. The room was vibrating with sound-we requested to be moved. The only room they could offer was a downgrade to a smaller room w/o beach view. We needed sleep so we took it. At midnight the guests next door got home-loud and drunk, and started a party. Doors slamming, people shouting. Security was up 3 times before it got quieter. There were several big parties of young people that shared one room and partied all night during the weekend. We live in Manhattan and have a high tolerance for noise-but this was unbearable.
Another issue is that the pool area and pool are very small. Almost 1/2 the area is reserved for cabanas that cost $100 per day. The weekend we were there all the cabanas were empty, while guests were turned away bcs there were no available chairs by the pool. It's an odd choice for a "high end" hotel to try to make a few hundred dollars extra thru these cabana rentals while failing to provide an important service for their guests.
The food at the restaurant is good-but service is slow and the hostesses are a grim bunch. Waiters are friendly but it's understaffed so basic services like salt, bread and water refills are tough to get. Not a good thing when you're paying $18 for an appetizer and $36 for an entree. We saw a family waiting for breakfast for 45 minutes.
The rooms are very well designed-bathrooms are great and beds are comfortable.
I would not bother paying extra for the "beach view"-it overlooks a parking lot and is right next to the elevators which makes the noise level even worse. The ocean view rooms are a better choice if you're willing to pay the upcharge. We had previously stayed in the ocean front suite (#702) and loved it-the room was spacious, lovely and QUIET since it was the last room in the corner.
Overall the place is very understaffed and they struggle to provide basic services that are expected when you're paying $500/night. It's clear that the staff gets lots of complains and is worn down. All 3 people checking out next to us complained about noise and other issues.
I really wished this hotel was better-we've been looking for a beach get away from the city and were hoping this would be it.

Room Tip: best: suite 702. worse: anything close to elevators
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mnt10014
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Very nice hotel...rooms are not huge but very adequate and comfortable. Bathrooms are a bit small but ok.
Staff are very nice.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My husband, 1 year old daughter and I planned to spend a day over July Fourth weekend and had called multiple times to arrange lounges by the pool. We were told just to arrive early and it would be fine. We called and tweeted multiple times just to make sure. We did and then were then turned away and told the hotel was full. We drove all the way from Brooklyn. We have emailed multiple times to find out what happened and haven't gotten any responses. We are so disappointed.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
OHEKA CASTLE Hotel & Estate
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
5 mi away
Rockville Centre Inn
Rockville Centre Inn
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!