“Super time with great views!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
New York City, New York
“Super time with great views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Super time with friend and family. Really liked front desk staff ,very helpful. Made me feel at home. Director was especially professional. Service and rooms were great , loved the views . I would come back again no question great expericance!! T.Smith

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tarik s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Its like you on a on a ship but on land.
Door and bell staff are amazing welcoming you to the hotel with a great smile,the front desk staff are friendly and eager to help, desk managers and the Director are friendly and helpful, whenever we have any encounter with them they are here for us with a great hummer and smile.
Rooms are amazing with a fantastic view on the ocean, Clean and bright.
The restaurant was great with the amazing view and great service and delicious food.
Cant wait to go back, what a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: ocean view rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adam s
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Just stayed there this past week-end and found it to be a very pleasant experience. Great location and great views. Front desk staff especially as well as informative. Rooms large and comfortable. Would certainly return!

Richie B

Room Tip: Get room with water view!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Richard B
Glostrup, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Great location right on the beach. Very helpful staff everywhere. The room was nice and bright even though I didn't have the ocean view. Besides the heated pool and the roof they also offered beach chairs and beach service. The only downside is the lack of alternative dining/drinking places in the imidiate area.

1 Thank Knudsen_P
Laguna Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Booked room here because we had to attend a wedding and they picked this place for the hotel block, unfortunately. Before I start, let me say that I only post reviews for either really good or really bad experiences, everything else I don't waste time reviewing. But upper management needs to learn that this place is being run like a motel, and it's a shame considering the location of being on boardwalk and the interior decor of the hotel. Lots of potential but they need to learn how to put the customer first. Being in sales, I am able to understand to always accommodate customers no matter what the circumstance. This place makes u feel like u are not important and they don't care about your experience. My wife and I were traveling with our 18 month old son and we traveled cross country from the west coast to attend a cousins wedding. When we booked room, we received email confirmation stating a 3:00 pm check in, and we were planning for that time to check in, get situated and ready for the wedding. However, one of the guys working the front who claimed he was a manager was not accommodating that time. Instead, he mentioned that was last summers check in time, what? Then update your system? That's not our fault, that's the hotels mistake that they are lagging on information. But, the front desk manager was rude about it and was very not understanding of our situation in timing with a wedding and having a toddler, etc. he left us very upset and said they would call when room would be ready, and said it wouldn't be til after 4, and was not nice about it. Did he offer us beach tags, nope. And after watching other people check in and noticing they were receiving beach tags even though there room wasn't ready either made me even more upset. I still can't believe this guy was a manager. So i waited in line at check in again and asked and then received beach tags from a different person at check in, yikes, what inconsistency at the front desk. As for room, we never got phone call that room was ready, so we went to front desk to check status and what u know room was ready. Would they have called if we didn't check ourselves? Who knows, what a joke this place is and we had only been there for a few hours. Problems continued once we got to room, no shampoo, only 2 towels, no toilet paper, tv not working. I could not believe how much we paid for this place. It's run like a motel. I had to call front desk 3 different times and waited over 25 mins for our missing items. Once they came, they brought soap instead of shampoo, unreal. I was losing patience and decided to get the shampoo myself, so I roamed hallways and found a housekeeping cart with everything I needed, it was that easy, but extremely difficult task for hotel staff. Thank god we only stayed here one night, I can't imagine how bad it could have got with more time with the horrible people at this place. The only good experience i had was with luggage and bell men, they were good. Front desk staff needs some serious training or they need to go work at motel 6. Upon checkout, no one asked how my stay was, I even asked for the general managers business card, and the guy just smirked at me, not even wondering why I would want the card. I couldn't wait to leave the allegria, shouldn't it be the other way around? Ego check allegria, customer service can ruin any place, even a nice looking hotel on the water.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank socal2

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Only stopped by for a couple drinks at L'Onda. Very pleased with service of the bartender. The property is beautiful. And the the views are amazing. It was a very nice crowd at the bar. Call ahead to see if there are any events. Jazz night was the same day but didn't stay long enough to experience it....

The door staff and the staff walking around greeted us. Looking forward to visiting again to stay the night regardless of the reviews. I'm sure I'll have a pleasant stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bridgiebridg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

My experience in this hotel was terrible, the staff were dismissive and ignorent, the rooms were filthy, the breakfast was cold and disgusting and WAY over priced...ocean view was ordered and we ended up one room facibg the street and the other a wall? ? The whole point of us picking this hotel was for the so called infinity pool to which we were told we couldn't as there was a private function, the rooms were filthy, the AC didnt work and there was no room service...all in all an awful experience and would definitely never recommend this "so called hotel to anyone" p.s there were absolutely no apologies made by management...as a matter of fact when Franz was approached he walked away in mid conversation, I have never in my life experienced such inadequate and unprofessional treatment from hotel management and staff...except for Jared the door man and his collegues, lovely people...the people higher in positions could learn alot from these people!!

2 Thank DawnB0469
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville C...
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!