“AMAZING stay at the Allegria”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Ottawa, Canada
“AMAZING stay at the Allegria”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed at the Allegria a month ago, and have been meaning to write this for a while.
WOW! What can I say, the hotel is absolutely stunning! It all started with checking in... first thing I noticed was the incredibly chic atmosphere. When I got to check in, I was greeted by Jeff who was so warm and helpful. I drove in from Canada and it was kind of late when I arrived and he helped upgrade me to an ocean front room!! I really want to thank him for that, because when I woke up the next day I had the most beautiful view of the Atlantic ocean and the newly constructed boardwalk. AMAZING!! At night I went up to the restaurant and had the most amazing cocktails...again the service was great! The room was modern, clean and had a very beachy vibe. Although I only stayed for one night, I highly recommend the Allegria! And when you check in ...ask for Jeff!

1 Thank tara k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Blankenberge, België
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Nice and kind people at the reception. Especially Jason and Paul. Thanks for everything. The hotel is good. Somethimes a bit noisy but a beautiful view on the beach! Nearby the Longbeach station where you can get a train to Penn station.. In summertime it's lovely.. Wintertime can be cold.. Even in your room..

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jenniferdh
long beach
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Peter Pizarro handled all of the details for my 50th. He did an excellent job making sure everyone was happy. The room was set up lovely! The food was delicious & drinks were flowing. The Allegria Hotel is an asset to our community! Lastly, I must give special 'kudos' to the entire team that work there since there professionalism is unmatched!! I recommend this 'hidden pearl' for any event. Peter Pizarro is sure to make it special!!!

1 Thank buttercuplongbeach
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Spontaneous stay, curious to see what this hotel was like. Had just gotten off a cruise ship, and wasn't ready to let the vacation end. Absolutely LOVE this hotel and the staff was wonderful.

Had 3 little hiccups: pillows are a bit firmer than I like (personal choice, I like pillows that don't fight back), phone in the room was a little wonky (but in todays world of cell phones, who really cares?), and the tv wasn't working. TV was fixed immediately.

Wish the windows opened, as I dislike stuffy hotel rooms, but I was able to adjust the room to my liking via thermostat.

Asked for a recommendation for off site dining - they got it SPOT ON!

Enjoyed the "boardwalk lighting" going on, complete with Santa, candy canes and holiday music.

If ever in the area again, this would be my choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Littleskatersmom
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel used to be the old King David Manor nursing home and was converted a few years ago - the result is quite beautiful. Whoever they hired to do the interior design (the decor has a South Beach-y feel to it) did an amazing job, particularly with the public areas of the hotel including the restaurant, you can tell no expense was spared. The rooms are nicely appointed as well, with very comfortable beds and spacious bath rooms with Grohe (at least I think they are Grohe) fixtures, double sinks, vanity mirror, bath tub and separate shower stall. The staff were nice although a little weak with the details. My husband had booked the "just married" package and although the rose petals were in fact strewn across the bed and floor when we got to the room, the chilled champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries were missing. Unfortunately, the phone in our room did not work, so my husband had to go downstairs to the lobby to inquire about the missing champagne and strawberries. This little mishap was however, promptly rectified and to make up for it, we were moved to a spectacular one-bedroom corner suite facing south and west, so we were able to watch the spectacular sun set. We had dinner at the hotel as well, the name of the restaurant is Atlantica and the food was great, and the staff (our waiter was named John) were extremely helpful and friendly. What we did not know was that the hotel also has a night club and for someone who does not fall asleep as easily as my husband and I, the thumping music could definitely be a problem. The next morning we had breakfast (it came with our package), which was pretty basic, but fine (french toast, bagels with cream cheese and lox, assorted cereals, yogurt, etc.). All in all, we had a lovely time and would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AMAigner
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This has been hands down the worst hotel experience I've had. Upon checking in to the hotel after a long day of traveling from Arizona I was greeted by the arrogant incompetence of Jayson at the front desk. I was booked into a king room and upon arrival told that the only thing available was a room with 2 full size beds. I was pretty upset but the ever so "helpful" Jayson stated that I could either pay an extra $100 to have an ocean view (it was 9pm at night and pitch black outside) or I was more than welcome to take one of the king rooms that was still dirty. Great suggestion Jayson! Obviously there was no way that anyone would be willing to take a dirty room considering the price I was already paying to stay at this dump. Jayson proceeded to inform me that I was SOL because this was the only luxury hotel in Long Beach right on the water. Trust me, save your money because you'd probably be sleeping more luxurious on a towel on the beach.

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Emguevara

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We were not originally booked into an ocean front room, but one of our party made a comment in passing that she had really hoped for an ocean view, and the amazing staff at the front desk - Jeff in particular - made it happen for us. The room was very nice and clean; only a short walk to some restaurants and shopping; right on the boardwalk; and a cool bar just off the lobby with live jazz.
Great stay...

Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
The Five Towns Inn
The Five Towns Inn
#1 of 1 in Lawrence

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!