“Bad Wedding Experience”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Long Beach, New York
“Bad Wedding Experience”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had our wedding at the Allegria a few weeks ago, early May. Many of the rooms that our guests checked into had no AC. Some had no toilet paper, no towels and/or looked like the rooms had been trashed. Even the suite that the brides parents were assigned was in terrible shape. The bride and goom were initially given a suite that had no view and had a leaking ceiling. As the bride I was mortified that our guests paid so much for such terrible quality.

Room Tip: Don't have your wedding here...you will pay a ton of money for nothing.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
14 Thank Erin S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at the Allegria Hotel over a week ago with a large group. The location is deal and the hotel's common spaces are gorgeous. Not at all worth the hassle and problems. Everyone in my group had issues with either or all of: air conditioning, shower temperature, and/or toilets working. We also had many issues with making our reservations initially and problems with billing. Everyone on line at the front desk had one of above issues and people seemed miserable in general at the hotel. I have heard this from others and have encouraged anyone I know planning on staying this summer to cancel their reservations. I had various personnel tell me that this has been an ongoing issues for months, has only been getting worse, and they do not know when it will get better. I cannot imagine how miserable it would be if I was there in 90 degree weather or was having my wedding in this hotel. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, especially during the summer months.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
17 Thank WantToRelaxPlease

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here w my girlfriend last weekend (mdw). I booked a room directly with the hotel for sunday of memorial weekend on the preceding Tuesday, got there and they had no room for me. They had booked my room for the Tuesday I called and booked me as a no-show. An hour and a half of standing around and they found me a room, no upgrade. A week later I noticed they charged me $325 for the Tuesday no-show in addition to the sunday stay. I called and explained myself 4x before they agreed to remove the charge. Regarding the sunday stay they charged me more than I agreed when I originally called and snuck in a $25 "resort fee" which they claimed covered complimentary wifi, pool and beach access. I explained what the term complimentary meant by definition and finally got them to remove it.

It's worth noting that every single person who was on line at the front desk was extremely upset about any number of things- erroneous charges, broken ac, no shampoo/soap/conditioner in the room (happened to me),etc. The people working the front desk seem very accustomed to nothing working properly, some are apologetic and others seem to have gotten good at covering for them. Either way this place is not a relaxing stay, regardless of the beautiful location / decor. Could be a gold mine if they find new management though. Until then stay far away.

16 Thank Bromondi
HotelAllegria, General Manager at Allegria Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I would like to apologize for your recent experience at The Allegria Hotel. It has always been my main concern to provide each guest with service that is second to none and it is clear that you did not receive the standard of excellence The Allegria Hotel continuously strives to achieve.

I was truly disappointed when I heard of your inconveniences regarding your booking trouble and miscellaneous charges. As soon as I received your comments, I had a meeting with my Executive Housekeeper and we would like to apologize that your room was not up to our standards. I am truly sorry if this did not make for an enjoyable stay at our hotel. Please know that we will try harder to ensure that our staff provides flawless service to our guests in the future. While I know this will not change the events that occurred, I do hope that you will give us the chance to service you in the future with the quality of excellence that our guests deserve.

My contact information is below; I ask you to please contact me directly in hopes of rectifying the situation so that we may be at your service in the future.

Nasser Samman
516-992-3705
nsamman@allegriahotel.com
Putnam, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel has some great qualities including good food and for the most part helpful staff (exception being the Front Desk manager on Saturday evening). However, air conditioning not working in three rooms makes for a miserable experience. We checked into two rooms - both of which had no AC. One room was moved immediately and that room was fine. The other room opted to have the staff work on fixing the problem. However, after 24 hours nothing worked. Moving to two successive rooms had the same result - No AC. Overall, this led to a miserable experience.

Stayed June 2014
7 Thank georgeinputnam

We have been undergoing renovations at the property and are in the process of updating our air conditioning system. All sections of the hotel will be completed by July 4th, 2014. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced as a result of this during your stay.

I was also very disappointed to hear that one of our team members on Saturday evening did not give you the service that you truly deserve. We take pride in our commitment to customer satisfaction and do realize at times that unintentional errors do occur. While I am aware that this will not change the events that have already occurred, we do hope that you can give us the opportunity to service you again in the future.
I would like to invite you to contact me at (516)992-3705 or nsamman@allegriahotel.com if you would like to further discuss your stay.

Nasser Samman
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Let me start with the good : amazing location!! Right on the beach and boardwalk.....hotel apparently looks nice and clean.
Unfortunately it's all looks !!!
Now let me explain reality...we had to switch room 3 times!! The TV doesn't work, there is no lock on the door, the AC doesn't work, you can literally hear EVERY single word from the room next to you. The staff is clueless and doesn't know how to treat the guests. They are all frustrated with management and lack of direction from management. It' the worst hotel ( not the looks... The costumer service) that we had stayed in our lives.
On the website they say that they are a luxury hotel...but don't believe that!! They are not!!!
Also pay close attention at check out..out bills were all overcharged!
Too bad they can't have a good management for the hotel... Because the location is really good.
I would definitely not be back there ever!

Room Tip: If you go... Corner rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank Renata C
Allegria H, General Manager at Allegria Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I would like to apologize for your recent experience at the Allegria Hotel. It has always been my main concern to provide each guest with service that is second to none and it is clear that you did not receive the standard of excellence the Allegria Hotel continuously strives to achieve.

I am truly sorry that you found our customer service unhelpful. I was very disappointed to hear that our team members did not give you the service that you truly deserve. Please know that customer service is our number one priority and I have certainly addressed your comments with our staff. Again, I do apologize for your experience at our property.

We take pride in our commitment to customer satisfaction and do realize at times that unintentional errors do occur. I invite you to contact me at (516)992-3705 or nsamman@allegriahotel.com if you experience any further unresolved issues or would like to discuss your stay in further detail. I thank you for your business, and while I am aware that this will not change what happened in the past, I hope that you can give us the opportunity to service you again in the future.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a great hotel its the only hotel on the board walk which makes it unique. It is a very clean establishment. I love how the rooms are set. Very luxurious and relaxing. I need to also mention the best notch service the staff has to offer every time I visit. One of my favorite staff is Max, Gina and Magdy. I want to thank them for the great service last time me and my wife visited. Also big thanks to the house keeping people they have done great job in keeping our room spotless.

3 Thank samnnancy1
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Walking into the hotel it is very nice looking and modern, check in took for ever because there was only one clerk behind the desk and the manager was helping out but seemed very clueless once we got to our room out hot water in the shower didn't work as we'll as out ac, which both seem to be an on going issue that many people have wrote about on this website and obviously management doesn't care enough to fix it. We ate in the restaurant and the food was good but the service was slow and we watched a manager who barley spoke English scream at an employee in the middle of the restaurant. Then later in the elevator we were talking to an employee and telling him about our experience and he was not surprised at all and made it seemed like it was a normal occurrence. This place seems nice because it's right on the beach and how can u go wrong with that. But overall it is a joke and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

6 Thank JohnnyA2545
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!