“Not worth the money”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Even discounted, not worth the money!
We stayed here because my sister was getting married down the street and I grew up and miss Long Beach. I was excited to be on the boardwalk but,.....
The room was very small, towel bars were broken, bar area was broken and missing, there are no dressers, and you cannot hang anything long (like a dress) in the closet. The bathroom door was a sliding glass panel that offered little privacy. There were no wash cloths and when we asked for them, we were given one. When we asked for a second, we got a strange look. The pool was closed the whole 4 days we were there. Breakfast closed early on Sunday without any prior notice. The final kicker was during checkout and we were told that we owed them a resort fee. For what? The wifi (told complimentary on check-in), the pool (closed the whole time), and the beach access (also told complimentary). Needless to say, we did not pay the fee.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Gerry1023

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is beautiful and modern, but the walls are PAPER THIN. I could hear EVERYTHING going on in the rooms next to me and in the hallway. If they flushed, it sounded as if it was in my room. Every person who got on of off the elevator, I knew about it. The worst part was that we were on the 3rd floor (do NOT stay on this floor), and thats directly above the "M" floor which houses the bar/club. The headboard on my bed was vibrating from the music, when I called to ask what time they shut it down they said probably 1am. No apologies or offer to move to another room. I'm 7th months pregnant and when I made the reservation I requested the quietest room possible and this is what I got. The location is beachfront and the roof top pool is great, but if you like to actually sleep at night your better off elsewhere. We paid $300 for the night and the service and quality did not match the price tag at all. I thought maybe this was a fluke, but many of the other people in the hotel had issues with noise, air conditioners not working, and brunch vouchers not being accepted, so it seems The Allegria is a hot mess. (and an expensive one at that)

Room Tip: Floors 4 and 5, not by the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
10 Thank LagunaCorinne

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I live in NYC and my family is from Long Island. We had a graduation party and did not want to go back to the city so we booked a weekend at The Allegria Hotel. What a great hotel! We had a fantastic stay. The room was great, very clean and we had a room facing the ocean. It was so peaceful in the mornings and during the day. The restaurant on site was fantastic. The wine list was great, the food was spectacular and fresh and the service was great as well. We will frequently come back to this hotel during the week and weekends.

The pool is great and you do get beach access when you stay at The Allegria! It's close to NYC and you can walk to the hotel from the train station at Long Beach! This is a must stay if you want to get away from the city and not go all the way to the Hamptons.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Taramarievan22
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I agree with previous reviewers everything looks nice but it's all on the surface. We stayed for two nights for my sisters wedding last weekend. Rooms tried too hard to be modern and cool and did not function at all. I broke toilet handle off with first flush. Took over an hour for maintenance to come up. The ac didn't work and the sink was not cemented down and almost fell off. Asked maintenance to come back to fix ac and sink they did fix sink but ac was never fixed and we sweltered when we slept. Shampoo conditioner and body wash tops were impossible to get off. Refrigerator never got cold. TV select button didn't work so we were stuck with same channel the button actually muted the channel. The view from our room 325 was a middle courtyard and was depressing. We actually paid less than usual due to the wedding but it still was not worth it. Beach is a pain to get to since it's not just on beach but on boardwalk. Need to get a pass from the desk to go thru fence. Didn't get to use pool due to time constraints but it was so tiny. Also tried to valet park and there were too many others so we parked ourselves lots of street parking. Not enough bell hops to check in and out. Hotel seems like they were in a rush to open and didn't pay attention to what they were doing on installation. Also staff unsure of what they carry. One time they had ginger ale anther employee told us no. Same thing happened at brunch I got tomato juice when my dad asked they didn't have any. When I asked someone else a glass appeared. Not a true luxury hotel and not worth the money at all.

Stayed June 2014
9 Thank ecurranrx
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Scheduled a last minute trip to escape the city and the Allegria did not disappoint. Just above average and below very good.

Pros:
The restaurant was decent, the bar outside of it was fun and was playing great music. The room was fine, great view of the ocean. The hotel services were good too, valet, beach chairs and towels setup, and the staff were helpful.
Location is great, Long Beach is a fun town, clean beach, and a short trip from NYC.

Cons:
Window handle was broken and couldn't be opened.
Walls are thin, you hear a lot.
Quilt had holes in it.
Drink selection wasn't as broad as I would have hoped.
Didn't get a chance to hang out on the roof deck pool, weddings were going on every day.

I was definitely not overwhelmed with greatness, but I would say they met expectations and for a quick escape from city life it was perfect!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bimmerny
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My son and I made a appointment to speak with a event manager for his engagement celebration, when we entered the hotel we had smiles on our faces. From the outside the Allegria looked so inviting just for the event. Once we were inside we could not believe the lack of customer service. The event manager had my son and I waiting for a 30 minutes, the manager did not come out to explain the delay. That was clearly unacceptable and my expectations were not met, so we left.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Joan R
Long Beach, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had our wedding at the Allegria a few weeks ago, early May. Many of the rooms that our guests checked into had no AC. Some had no toilet paper, no towels and/or looked like the rooms had been trashed. Even the suite that the brides parents were assigned was in terrible shape. The bride and goom were initially given a suite that had no view and had a leaking ceiling. As the bride I was mortified that our guests paid so much for such terrible quality.

Room Tip: Don't have your wedding here...you will pay a ton of money for nothing.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Rockville Centre Inn
Rockville Centre Inn
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!