“Average”

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
“Average”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here with my family for 2 nights in June 2014. Upon arrival, the staff appeared unorganized making the check in process quite long. Our room was not ready when we arrived at the hotel (1 hour before we were told to check in) so we were put in a room with only 1 king size bed for 3 people... the room was also dark as it didn't have a sea view. It took a ridiculous amount of time for the staff to change this! We spoke to about 3 different staff members who were slow and clueless! We then had a choice of 2 rooms, both of which had no AC! However, after roughly 2 hours we were given a room we were happy with. The room was a good size and very clean. We had another bad experience with the staff one night when I took not well and required a fan in the room, we were told it was being sent up as we were speaking but it never arrived. The hotel was also constantly very very cold as the AC is on all the time. We were unable to spend any time in the bar area during the day or at night because we were all freezing! Overall, my experience of this hotel was average, I'm sure there are nicer and better hotels in Long Beach!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ClareD95

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Where do I start? Essentially: don't waste your money on this hotel! The elevators barely worked and took nearly 10 minutes to arrive yet the staircases (even ones that were supposed to be used for emergency exits) were hard to find and led down to a locked basement that smelled like an outhouse. When we arrived our room was not ready and the front desk promised to call us while we waited at the beach but never did. When we requested a corkscrew to have a glass of wine in our room we were told that no outside alcohol was allowed in the hotel (!) but that we could get a bottle opener for $50 from the bar. The shower water pressure was entirely lacking and the walls were thin meaning you could hear everything happening in the hall or in other rooms. There were not enough beach passes for the members of my group - all paying hotel guests - to enter the beach. The roof top pool - a well-advertised feature for which my group expressly selected the hotel - was closed for the majority of the day on a Saturday and when we voiced our frustration to the hotel staff they suggested that we should have inquired about the pool's availability when we booked our rooms. Every time a member of my group inquired about something we were just told "NO!" - the customer service was deplorable. The few staff that were semi-decent had absolutely no idea what they were doing - for example, it took three staff people in the bar to determine how to open a door to the patio. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. Or just pay to take a taxi back to the city - it will be cheaper and more enjoyable than staying in this hell hole.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank Poppy510

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Hicksville, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I read the reviews before coming to the hotel and was nervous but I did not want to stay at the other hotel in Long Beach. I wanted to be steps away from the water.

The room we arrived in yes unfortunately did not have AC. My husband and I did not want to move rooms as we were not in the room as is. We were out on the town, on the beach etc. We were only there to sleep and shower. The staff was new however they always had a smile (the young lady in the lobby was adorable and sweet - young brunette unfortunately her name escapes me).

Does the hotel need improvement............yes. Is it a great hotel if you are not planning on staying in the room much .............yes. We will be back. Hopefully the AC works when we come back though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary W
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you like to party, this is the place to be. Reading the reviews I agree 100 percent. I was on the third floor and yes, you here everything, including water rushing down form every bathroom in the building. I heard complaints of rooms not having a/c, people had to sleep with the windows open. The hallway on the third floor was really hot due to the lack of a/c. Music is so loud than you can not sleep and on weekends goes on until 2am.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank cam12reyes
New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our group had a team meeting here, so my experience is based on one day and one night, but that was more than enough. At first glance, it is a gorgeous hotel, modern with chic furnishing in the lobby and lounge area. The room is airy with efficient layout. However, a block of rooms on 6th floor didn't have working air conditioning, on 90 degree days. She of us were able to open windows, some when they tried, the handles came off. Handles came off in bathroom fixtures as well, even though they were Grohe products. The handle on toilet doesn't come back automatically so I had to flip the handle back to start position everytime. While the AC failed to work, the small fridge went overdrive and at times sounded like a tank. I had to unplug it. Calls to operators and front desk went unanswered.
I also ordered breakfast to be delivered at 6:30, and it didn't till 7:35 when I was checking out. The staff in all places had good attitude, apologetic, but not effective. It gave a sense that the collective IQ hardly reaches room temperature.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
11 Thank jmw245
Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Even discounted, not worth the money!
We stayed here because my sister was getting married down the street and I grew up and miss Long Beach. I was excited to be on the boardwalk but,.....
The room was very small, towel bars were broken, bar area was broken and missing, there are no dressers, and you cannot hang anything long (like a dress) in the closet. The bathroom door was a sliding glass panel that offered little privacy. There were no wash cloths and when we asked for them, we were given one. When we asked for a second, we got a strange look. The pool was closed the whole 4 days we were there. Breakfast closed early on Sunday without any prior notice. The final kicker was during checkout and we were told that we owed them a resort fee. For what? The wifi (told complimentary on check-in), the pool (closed the whole time), and the beach access (also told complimentary). Needless to say, we did not pay the fee.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Gerry1023
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is beautiful and modern, but the walls are PAPER THIN. I could hear EVERYTHING going on in the rooms next to me and in the hallway. If they flushed, it sounded as if it was in my room. Every person who got on of off the elevator, I knew about it. The worst part was that we were on the 3rd floor (do NOT stay on this floor), and thats directly above the "M" floor which houses the bar/club. The headboard on my bed was vibrating from the music, when I called to ask what time they shut it down they said probably 1am. No apologies or offer to move to another room. I'm 7th months pregnant and when I made the reservation I requested the quietest room possible and this is what I got. The location is beachfront and the roof top pool is great, but if you like to actually sleep at night your better off elsewhere. We paid $300 for the night and the service and quality did not match the price tag at all. I thought maybe this was a fluke, but many of the other people in the hotel had issues with noise, air conditioners not working, and brunch vouchers not being accepted, so it seems The Allegria is a hot mess. (and an expensive one at that)

Room Tip: Floors 4 and 5, not by the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#2 of 4 in Garden City
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
La Quinta Inn & Suites Far Rockaway - JFK Airport

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!