“Michael, tori & the front desk team”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Flushing, New York
“Michael, tori & the front desk team”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

What can I say .
Michael greeted us at check in , and seamlessly guided us through a wonderful mini vacation.
He explained all the hotel had to offer, and help make our stay very memorable .
We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Short Hills, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked here as a friends daughter was getting married nearby. We thought we were off to a good start when the hotel arranged for our early check in. That's where it all went downhill. Our room...dark and facing the interior of the building had no A/C. We tried to call the front desk, the phone system was down. I found our bellboy who had to use his cellphone to arrange for another room. 1 hour and no new room later we had to call again (using our cell phone). Finally we were moved to a room with A/C and a bit brighter. The restaurant served a buffet only Friday night with no other options for meals other than the bar , which offered tidbits only while the DJ BLASTED music. Sleep was an issue as the sounds from a wedding 3 floors down travelled up to our room.
Coffee is not available until 7:30 am in the lobby. We tried to call the restaurant to have a pot sent up...again the phone systems were still down. Our bellboy Rudy was fabulous...as were the valets...as for the rest of the staff..they did try but the Allegria needs an overhaul.

Room Tip: Oceanside rooms are nice...NO BALCONIES.
11 Thank Robin B

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We blocked 20 rooms for my daughters wedding which was yesterday. Thank God we didn't choose this place as the venue for the wedding! Almost all 20 rooms had no air conditioning. The night before the wedding my daughter had no air conditioning, no windows that opened, and a phone in the room that fell apart when we tried to use it. We ordered bagels and coffee the day of the wedding and was told it was complimentary....well we were charged 60.00 for this. We tried to get in our room the night of the wedding and had to go back to the desk 3 times because the key didn't work. Additionally when the rooms were booked way in advance we were told the computer crashed and the lost all of the reservations. We were all supposed to be upgraded to Ocean front rooms and this did not happen. I wouldn't ever go there again. Waiting to see if we get any compensation for any of this! Additionally if you do stay there make sure to go over the charges for valet parking They attempted to charge several of us for three nights when we were only there for 2. If you don't pay attention, they will try to rob you. Criminal! Will be reporting to better business bureau. Also don't grab the bars in the elevator, my husband almost broke his neck because when he leaned on it it fell off!!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: Stay away1
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
10 Thank Wachsee
NA
Reviewed 29 June 2014

As a former Long Islander I was really routing for this place to do well. I really felt it was a no brainer to make this hotel a success! I wanted a beach stay option on Long Island while visiting family in the 5 towns. They clearly took all the cheap shortcut options when building this!! Luxury hotel on the beach, it is NOT! It's a subpar, dirty, noisy, broken, overpriced and unaccomodating hotel! I've stayed in luxury hotels all over and this does not meet the criteria on any aspects. The guy that owns this should be embarrassed! I was embarrassed to just be a guest here! The only person that was super friendly and sympathetic to the nightmare the hotel was putting us through but couldn't help, was the bell person that brought up our bags! The manager got very confrontational when we were asking questions and trying to explain our concerns. To top it off this "manager" didn't know the layouts, sq. footage of the suites(there are only 2 options); when we asked she got defensive and loud saying, "it's my 3rd week here you think I know that". I responded "As the manager I would think it's absolutely part of your job to know that"

• Stayed June 2014
8 Thank Jennafal
Wake Forest
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This place is a dump. Anyone who has stayed at a real five star hotel would know that this place has no business has gong five star prices. Rooms are dirty (white socks were black after ten minutes of walking around). Phones didn't work. AC didn't work. Irons were broken. Really pathetic.

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank madisontex
New York
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Very disappointed. Amazing location right on the boardwalk. Very nice looking and appealing all around. The staff just ruins it. What a shame. The only nice staff member was the engineer who had to fix the window in my room. Front desk staff just rude. Valet parking is not 24 hours and when I went for my car the next am, I had to get the keys from security and get it myself. Hotel insisted to still charge the valet fee which they took off after a long discussion. Also misplaced my reservation. NO CELL SERVICE in rooms facing the beach. None at all. Rooms are small and nice. I could not imaging this hotel during their busy season. Stay away unless you have to!!

3 Thank Adam K
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here with my family for 2 nights in June 2014. Upon arrival, the staff appeared unorganized making the check in process quite long. Our room was not ready when we arrived at the hotel (1 hour before we were told to check in) so we were put in a room with only 1 king size bed for 3 people... the room was also dark as it didn't have a sea view. It took a ridiculous amount of time for the staff to change this! We spoke to about 3 different staff members who were slow and clueless! We then had a choice of 2 rooms, both of which had no AC! However, after roughly 2 hours we were given a room we were happy with. The room was a good size and very clean. We had another bad experience with the staff one night when I took not well and required a fan in the room, we were told it was being sent up as we were speaking but it never arrived. The hotel was also constantly very very cold as the AC is on all the time. We were unable to spend any time in the bar area during the day or at night because we were all freezing! Overall, my experience of this hotel was average, I'm sure there are nicer and better hotels in Long Beach!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Rockville Centre Inn
Rockville Centre Inn
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!