Allegria Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Long Beach Hotel(Long Beach)
US$179
US$174
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Rockville Centre Inn(Rockville Centre)
US$200
US$145
US$162
US$155
Agoda.com
Ramada Rockville Centre(Rockville Centre)
US$166
Gateway Inn(Merrick)
US$116
Hotwire.com
Clarion Inn(Jamaica)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,218 results
All reviewsocean viewbeautiful hotelcocktail hourboard walklong islandnew yorkboardwalkalisonmanhattanhurricanejfklirr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Long Island needs many more hotels similar to the Allegria. With a beautiful ocean front view, and, subject to Hurricane repairs, a typically fabulous beach and boardwalk, this hotel and location offers very special
features. Have always wondered why Long Island with it's beautiful beaches doesn't have lots of ocean front hotels, but it doesn't.

It's wonderful to see this type of hotel available. Rooms are generally small and expensive; however, for beach enthusiasts, a great location.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Bills2018
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for one night. Actually writing this from my "suite" right now, that's how strongly I feel about what needs to be noted. I booked an oceanfront king bed room but at exactly 4 pm , check in time, the rooms were already sold out. Ok. They upgraded us to a suite. Room was beautiful! Corner room on high floor. Views all around. Two bathrooms. Go to turn on AC doesn't work. No big deal right? We shower and go out for dinner. We notified front desk they said will be fixed while we are out. We come back- nothing. I go to call front desk phone doesn't work. I use my cell phone. They send someone up. They removed the filter, cleaned it as nothing. I could have done that -technicians!! They tell us they will be right back. 45 mins later they didn't come back. Call from cell phone again and no answer at front desk. I go down in person complained about phone and AC and now technicians. The front desk clerk said they won't be fixing it today how about a fan. This suite costs over 800 dollars a night!!! No AC, no phone, dirt around air conditioning vent, chipped paint on wall and no solution or decent customer service. It's 10:30 pm. Still waiting on that fan promised at 9:45 pm. I also recommend the hotel invests in soundproof room doors. Otherwise it's a rated R hotel and suggest making it an adult only hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank Gianna806
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We booked the oceanfront room and when we got there, the front desk told me no room available.
we asked the day off and so excited for that. But it turned out so disappointed.
And whole night no internet service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Chrissa X
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I am at the hotel right now, check in smooth, ocean view, ac on, staff wonderful! I will probably stay an extra night. It's clean and the beach is exquisite . I don't know what happened, but I read the reviews AFTER I made reservations and was nervous as heck. But everything is so seamless!!!! Thank goodness!!!

Room Tip: Call in advance to confirm room amenities!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MarieMountVernon
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights last week and was really disappointed. Constant Chaos at the front desk, overbookings, rooms unavailable, customers complaining, unfriendly front desk staff.
The AC in my room was not working, technicians came 4 times but unable to fix it. The internet connection in the room was very poor.
While smoking in front of the hotel, I could overhear the doormen bickering about their poor working conditions, the lack of supervision and their general frustration. The older doormen were nice and friendly, but the younger once were constantly typing away on their cell phones thus very unwelcoming... Overall it felt like no one really cares about anything...
On the beach, I was told there were no sunumbrellas left when I got there at 11am, 8 were being used by other guests - 8 umbrellas for 143 rooms?
I would not recommend this hotel, it is just too annoying, which is a shame, as the location is really great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo