“Nice but needs better management” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Allegria Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“Nice but needs better management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are very nice. We had an ocean view. The room was clean and of good size. Dinner in the restaurant was good but expensive. The drinks at the bar were good but very expensive - NYC prices.

There was no Wi-Fi in the room. The room telephone did not work and I needed to go outside to use my cell phone to call the front desk. Our room was not cleaned on our second night even though we had the maid service sign on the door.

4:00 PM check in time is just unacceptable. We met many customers with a variety of complaints ... from no A/C, to no cribs available for babies, etc. Our room keys did not work on day two and we had to wait 20 minutes to get new keys.

The hotel is very beautiful. The staff is friendly but inexperienced. This would be an excellent hotel if it had the proper management. I would return again. It is close to NYC and you can walk to the many shops and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Elizabeth290

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Braselton, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was traveling through and once lived two blocks down from this hotel.
I never thought of long beach as a destination town but I was so surprised and pleased to found this gem.
Great food, service, rooms, and you are on the beach.
many foreign airline captains stay here without their crews for R&R, that tell you something right there.
Also you are so close to many great restaurants and action.

I will be heading back. beware weekend are full of wedding parties

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dan H
Corning, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Long Island needs many more hotels similar to the Allegria. With a beautiful ocean front view, and, subject to Hurricane repairs, a typically fabulous beach and boardwalk, this hotel and location offers very special
features. Have always wondered why Long Island with it's beautiful beaches doesn't have lots of ocean front hotels, but it doesn't.

It's wonderful to see this type of hotel available. Rooms are generally small and expensive; however, for beach enthusiasts, a great location.

• Stayed August 2013
      Cleanliness
2 Thank GoBills2016
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for one night. Actually writing this from my "suite" right now, that's how strongly I feel about what needs to be noted. I booked an oceanfront king bed room but at exactly 4 pm , check in time, the rooms were already sold out. Ok. They upgraded us to a suite. Room was beautiful! Corner room on high floor. Views all around. Two bathrooms. Go to turn on AC doesn't work. No big deal right? We shower and go out for dinner. We notified front desk they said will be fixed while we are out. We come back- nothing. I go to call front desk phone doesn't work. I use my cell phone. They send someone up. They removed the filter, cleaned it as nothing. I could have done that -technicians!! They tell us they will be right back. 45 mins later they didn't come back. Call from cell phone again and no answer at front desk. I go down in person complained about phone and AC and now technicians. The front desk clerk said they won't be fixing it today how about a fan. This suite costs over 800 dollars a night!!! No AC, no phone, dirt around air conditioning vent, chipped paint on wall and no solution or decent customer service. It's 10:30 pm. Still waiting on that fan promised at 9:45 pm. I also recommend the hotel invests in soundproof room doors. Otherwise it's a rated R hotel and suggest making it an adult only hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
8 Thank Gianna806
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We booked the oceanfront room and when we got there, the front desk told me no room available.
we asked the day off and so excited for that. But it turned out so disappointed.
And whole night no internet service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Chrissa X

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Mount Vernon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I am at the hotel right now, check in smooth, ocean view, ac on, staff wonderful! I will probably stay an extra night. It's clean and the beach is exquisite . I don't know what happened, but I read the reviews AFTER I made reservations and was nervous as heck. But everything is so seamless!!!! Thank goodness!!!

Room Tip: Call in advance to confirm room amenities!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank MarieMountVernon
Geneva
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights last week and was really disappointed. Constant Chaos at the front desk, overbookings, rooms unavailable, customers complaining, unfriendly front desk staff.
The AC in my room was not working, technicians came 4 times but unable to fix it. The internet connection in the room was very poor.
While smoking in front of the hotel, I could overhear the doormen bickering about their poor working conditions, the lack of supervision and their general frustration. The older doormen were nice and friendly, but the younger once were constantly typing away on their cell phones thus very unwelcoming... Overall it felt like no one really cares about anything...
On the beach, I was told there were no sunumbrellas left when I got there at 11am, 8 were being used by other guests - 8 umbrellas for 143 rooms?
I would not recommend this hotel, it is just too annoying, which is a shame, as the location is really great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
BEST WESTERN Mill River Manor
BEST WESTERN Mill River Manor
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville C...
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!