“Wonderful Experience”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 12 April 2010

The Allegria is a gorgeous hotel in paradise!! Long Beach is a gem!!! The Sunday brunch is amazing at this hotel!! It is pricey but delish!! Worth a visist!! I think they were just working out the kinks by the other reviews!! Don't let it stop you!!

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Allegria Hotel

Reviewed 28 March 2010

Recently I went to a wedding and stayed at this hotel in Long Beach NY. By far the worst I've ever experienced... and I travel a lot. The wedding was embarrassing, the food sucked and barely had any selection. The cocktail area was tiny and the hot food was cold. The hotel was very nice looking, however the service was terrible. This hotel needs some serious help if they plan on staying open and not going out of business.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank NYLVLALI
Reviewed 26 March 2010

Im alittle in shock that some people had bad experiences....I go to this hotel for drinks all the time. I have never had a rude bartender or poor service, the night my friends and I had dinner we felt the food was amazing(try the crab cakes =0) ). My girlfriends and I think its such a relaxing atmosphere and can't wait for the warmer weather that we could sit outside and listen to ocean as we sip our drinks. To all those that had a bad experience that stinks because I would have my wedding there in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Took my lovely wife of 39 years to the Sunday Valentine's day brunch with two other couples. We stayed for hours and between us we sampled everything that Todd Jacobs prepared. The food was terrific from the suishi bar, omelette bar, waffle bar to the carving station not to mention the french toast, eggs benedict, sausages and fresh fruit etc. etc. Everything was fresh, hot and delicious. The ocean view is spectaculiar and we were glad to see such a large crowd enjoying Valentines Day at the Allegria. Our entire party had nothing but praise and plan on returning soon. The wait staff was attentive and accomodating. I would highly recommend the Atlantica Restaurant at the Allegria. What a great asset to the city of Long Beach.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomk77
Reviewed 14 February 2010

We went to the hotel bar today with our wives/girlfriends for Valentines day. Planned on having a few drinks and some appetizers. After my girlfriend waited patiently to order drinks at the bar and was repeatedly ignored by the bartender, she tried to get his attention. At which point she was spoken to in a rude manner.One of the guys in the group had a similiar experience shortly after by the same male jerk of a bartender.Its too bad we . We all left with the same impression, alot of money went into this place and it looks great, im sure the owners dont want staff like this ruining their businees before it gets started. Half my group of six are local bartenders in Long Beach, it would have been great publicity for the bar , but I guess it will all be negative . Ill spend my money elewhere.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank innercross
Reviewed 11 February 2010

great room, great service, very nice breakfast. LIRR railway station at walking distance takes 55 minutes to Penn station in downtown Manhattan.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2010

I'm sorry to say that I Did Not Find This Place To Be As Good As The Rewiews below state.
I was a guest a a wedding here and stayed for one night. I did not find this hotel to live up to it's hype. The rooms were tiny the service was slow and the staff were not to eager to please.
It took forver to get my car when I asked for it.
As for the restaurant there it had very Mediocre food, with a really nice atmosphere.
But as stated in a previous review this is not a 5 star resort by my American standards. If you get a good deal and are just getting away for some sun in the summer on Long Beach than it will probably be fine.,,,

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichieB1977
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Beach
Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Long Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!