“The perfect get away so close to home”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Plainview, New York
“The perfect get away so close to home”
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I recently had a friend in from Italy for her first visit to New York. I was frantic with planning for her to see as many sights as possible. Besides all of the must see tourist attractions of Manhattan, I wanted her to be able to relax as well. Prior to her trip she mentioned that she wanted to see the beaches. I immediately thought of this new hotel in long beach that I’d been hearing about called the Allegria.

I had never been there before, but I decided to take a chance on the good things that I’d heard, so I booked a room and after our third straight day of New York City we headed out to long beach.

As soon as we arrived her eyes lit up brighter than any billboard in Times Square. The room was amazing and the staff made us feel so comfortable. We dined at the beautiful Atlantica restaurant where they seated us at a window facing the ocean, the sun was setting, and it was a magnificent sight. The food was spectacular as well. Crab cake appetizers are to die for and their filet mingione was so tender there was no need for a knife. Not to mention the selection of wine is almost never ending.

After dinner we hit the lounge also with windows facing the ocean. It was so comfortable and all the different types of specialty drinks were so amusing to my girlfriend. We immediately made friends with another couple and just talked for hours when I realized that it was quite late and we had never left the hotel. I was planning on taking her out to the many bars and lounges in the town, but we never needed to. We had everything we needed at the Allegria, and the hours just flew by because we were having such a good time. I don’t think that’s ever happened to me before at a hotel.

My girlfriends first visit to NY and she repeatedly has said that the day we spent at the Allegria was her favorite day during her stay. I think I have to agree with here. Though the Allegria is just 20 minutes from my house, I felt as if I was really far away. Almost as if I was on vacation in Miami or something. That’s what is fantastic about this place; it’s a great get away. I’m looking forward to staying there again this summer, when the weather will be really nice, and I can enjoy the private beach entrance the Allegria has. Now that will really feel like a vacation!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Long Beach, NY
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My wife and I live in Long Beach, and had dinner at the Allegria for a special occasion. We were somewhat concerned by a number of poor reviews on line, but were pleasantly surprised by our experience. We were promptly seated at a table by a window. Our waitress arrived minutes later, took our drink order, and gave us menus which contained the specials. She reyurned shortly thereafter and took our order. Appetizers arrived shortly, and were both well presented and delicious. Bus staff was attentive without being intrusive. Our meals (a lamb dish, and a halibut, both specials) were spectacular. The wines (by the glass), though pricey, were very good. Too full for dessert, though the selection was tempting. We lingered with our wine after the table was cleared, and watched the sun set. No rush. An over all terrific experience.

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 8 May 2010

Clean hotel, but beware of credit card theft by the front desk and lack of management team to resolve-

Spent 15hrs at the hotel and ended up with 8 unauthorized charges to my credit card

1 Thank mwinner01

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 May 2010

If you want an excellent experience from an incredible staff, Allegria is the place. From the first greeting by the valet parking staff to your seemless check-in, this hotel is just perfect. Our room view was overlooking the boardwalk and beach and couldn't have been nicer. The whole family enjoyed the atmosphere, location and experience. There is a very hip bar and restaurant on the second floor, but the many blocks that surround the Allegria are filled with shops, restuarants, bars and attractions. Could say enough about the management team and staff. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Syosset, NY
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Just went to a wedding at the hotel and stayed the weekend. It was a destination wedding without the travel. The Hotel was great and the staff was very good and the ocean view was unbelievable. The wedding was amazing and the food very good particularly the appetizers!!!

• Stayed May 2010
Hewlett Bay Park, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2010

The restaurant located right on the waterfront in Long Beach which was really nice... We asked for a table facing the water. The view is beautiful looking out to the ocean-- that is the only good thing I can say about this restaurant. Then there seemed to be a confusion as to who was supposed to be waiting our table. Then we got ignored for a long while. Eventually we ordered our food. Then the food came and that's when things really got bad. The food was far from the best I ever had, to put it nicly.
Waitress was pleasant enough But It took about ½ an hour to get appetizers and another 45 minutes to ger our entrees.. We saw one couple cancel their order and leave. Our food arrived shortly after this incident. Fish was dry and overcooked the calamari had a bad taste. Asked for the manager who was defensive and arrogant. This was not at all a great dining experience.
.. If you want to chill out and enjoy the beautiful, scenic water then go for a drink at lunch time, but skip dinner.

east islip
Reviewed 28 April 2010

My sister and my brother in law had their wedding at the Allegria Hotel and Spa and it was the most wonderful event ever! The food was fantastic! Organic and tastefully prepared. The service was impecable!!!! Everyone was properly taken care of. There wasn't a person at the event that wasn't fully taken care of. The bridal party felt like royalty, all the servers were right there whenever anything was needed. Christal and Christen were just unbelievable..... they took care of everything. Our family book 24 rooms and they were all amazing, clean, comfortable and elegant with great views - ahhh the beach front rooms are amazing. I would totally recommend staying or having a special event here. Really it was amazing- i can say that enough.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
The Five Towns Inn
The Five Towns Inn
#1 of 1 in Lawrence

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!