“Been There, Done That, Not Impressed.”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Been there, done that, tried, it, sorry but I was not impressed.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren1966
There are newer reviews for Allegria Hotel

Reviewed 20 May 2010

...to find this hotel so close to JFK (20 minutes) and right on the beach. I felt like I was in South Beach, especially with the feel of the hotel....contemporary but still felt cozy. Could definetely become a gathering hot spot once the summer season kicks in. Fireplace in the lounge was a nice touch, and enjoyed an excellent meal. Still new, and tweaking a bit, but definetly worth a visit during it's last stages of completion. (roof top pool not yet open, but plans in the works.) The owners have put alot of thought into the details, great bedding, technology, etc. Hotel would work well for small/retreat meetings, especially so close to JFK.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I recently had a friend in from Italy for her first visit to New York. I was frantic with planning for her to see as many sights as possible. Besides all of the must see tourist attractions of Manhattan, I wanted her to be able to relax as well. Prior to her trip she mentioned that she wanted to see the beaches. I immediately thought of this new hotel in long beach that I’d been hearing about called the Allegria.

I had never been there before, but I decided to take a chance on the good things that I’d heard, so I booked a room and after our third straight day of New York City we headed out to long beach.

As soon as we arrived her eyes lit up brighter than any billboard in Times Square. The room was amazing and the staff made us feel so comfortable. We dined at the beautiful Atlantica restaurant where they seated us at a window facing the ocean, the sun was setting, and it was a magnificent sight. The food was spectacular as well. Crab cake appetizers are to die for and their filet mingione was so tender there was no need for a knife. Not to mention the selection of wine is almost never ending.

After dinner we hit the lounge also with windows facing the ocean. It was so comfortable and all the different types of specialty drinks were so amusing to my girlfriend. We immediately made friends with another couple and just talked for hours when I realized that it was quite late and we had never left the hotel. I was planning on taking her out to the many bars and lounges in the town, but we never needed to. We had everything we needed at the Allegria, and the hours just flew by because we were having such a good time. I don’t think that’s ever happened to me before at a hotel.

My girlfriends first visit to NY and she repeatedly has said that the day we spent at the Allegria was her favorite day during her stay. I think I have to agree with here. Though the Allegria is just 20 minutes from my house, I felt as if I was really far away. Almost as if I was on vacation in Miami or something. That’s what is fantastic about this place; it’s a great get away. I’m looking forward to staying there again this summer, when the weather will be really nice, and I can enjoy the private beach entrance the Allegria has. Now that will really feel like a vacation!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My wife and I live in Long Beach, and had dinner at the Allegria for a special occasion. We were somewhat concerned by a number of poor reviews on line, but were pleasantly surprised by our experience. We were promptly seated at a table by a window. Our waitress arrived minutes later, took our drink order, and gave us menus which contained the specials. She reyurned shortly thereafter and took our order. Appetizers arrived shortly, and were both well presented and delicious. Bus staff was attentive without being intrusive. Our meals (a lamb dish, and a halibut, both specials) were spectacular. The wines (by the glass), though pricey, were very good. Too full for dessert, though the selection was tempting. We lingered with our wine after the table was cleared, and watched the sun set. No rush. An over all terrific experience.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2010

Clean hotel, but beware of credit card theft by the front desk and lack of management team to resolve-

Spent 15hrs at the hotel and ended up with 8 unauthorized charges to my credit card

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mwinner01
Reviewed 3 May 2010

If you want an excellent experience from an incredible staff, Allegria is the place. From the first greeting by the valet parking staff to your seemless check-in, this hotel is just perfect. Our room view was overlooking the boardwalk and beach and couldn't have been nicer. The whole family enjoyed the atmosphere, location and experience. There is a very hip bar and restaurant on the second floor, but the many blocks that surround the Allegria are filled with shops, restuarants, bars and attractions. Could say enough about the management team and staff. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Just went to a wedding at the hotel and stayed the weekend. It was a destination wedding without the travel. The Hotel was great and the staff was very good and the ocean view was unbelievable. The wedding was amazing and the food very good particularly the appetizers!!!

• Stayed: May 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Beach
Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Long Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!