“I couldn't do what they do with a smile on my face...”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
New Paltz, New York
“I couldn't do what they do with a smile on my face...”
Reviewed 8 December 2010

I must have called down to the front desk ten times durning my stay. I forgot my toothbrush and tooth paste, needed a wake up call, wanted to leave keys for my friends, had to get my car out of the valet and each time the girls who aswered the phones werre friendly and not the least bit annoyed that I was calling over and over again. When my girlfriends and I were ready to leave for the night, we went to the front desk and were given all different suggestions for restaurants and local places to go. We had so much fun, I can't wait to come back in the summer.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank peacelovetravel48245

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 5 December 2010

My fiance & I stayed at the Allegria Hotel this past weekend for a family event. Right away we were greeted by staff with bad attitudes...they couldn't even crack a smile?? When we arrived to our so called hotel room aka broom closet...we were very disappointed. The rooms are extremely small! And to top it off our room was FREEZING. We tried to turn up the heat but the thermostat was broke.Literally my fiance turned on the hot shower just to warm our room. I called down to the front desk twice...and both times they were rude and said they would send someone up to fix it. Two hours later and no response, my fiance went down to the front desk and asked for us to be switched to another room. They eventually switched us to another room...with yet another broken thermostat. We pretty much gave up because we had to get ready for a family event. As we were getting ready the bathroom fixtures were falling apart. The sink almost fell on the floor if you slightly leaned on it & the toilet paper holder fell on the groun at the slightest touch. It was absolutely ridiculous! Then when we tried to fall asleep later that night...we could hear everything in other hotel rooms and the hallway. The walls are paper thin. So needless to say the next morning we were freezing & exhausted. We spoke with other hotel guests and they had the same complaints.

We will never stay here again. Everything is overpriced, falling apart, and the customer service sucks!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sulsa

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

cherry hill
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Although we had some initial mishaps - they couldn't find our pre paid reservation and we did have to change rooms, all our contact with the hotel staff was very pleasant. We were in town for a black tie wedding with our two daughters. As we were getting dressed, we found that the zipper of my daughter's dress would not budge. After numerous tries and screams and fights and not imagining what they could possibly do, but not knowing what else to do, I called down to the front desk for assistance. They responded immediately. Both the front desk manager and the lovely clerk came up to assist us. When we all acknowledged it could not be fixed, the clerk insisted on going to her home a block or so away and returned with several choices of coktail dresses for my daughter to borrow. They were all lovely and saved the day. We could not thank them enough and offered money and gifts, which they graciously declined. I have to say they delivered service above and beyond.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank pamelasgordon
springfield, nj
Reviewed 28 November 2010

My son and daughter in law had their wedding reception here. The hotel was beautiful and immaculately clean. The food was amazing!!! We have traveled extensively throughout the years and this hotel is one of the best. I would recommend it to everyone looking for a relaxing vacation on the ocean... The staff was fantastic.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kathleendent
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 26 November 2010

i was married there in september 2010, i read alot of reveiws about the hotel and staff and most were horrific, i have to be honest these reveiws must be about another hotel named allegria or the people writing these reveiws are from competing hotels or these people are from another planet. Our experiance was nothing less than awesome, fun, relaxing,memorable...and i still cant beleive how accomodating the staff was before ,during & after the wedding...we were so happy with everything that we decided to celebrate our one year anniversary there next year...they totally treated us like family. If you decide to book an event there ask for Ginny jacobs.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gamesman25
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I recently had a business dinner at the Allegria after being contacted by Ingrid Dod. I was impressed even upon seeing the lobby. The views were beautiful, although i would love to see it during the day. It had the feel of an Ian Schrager hotel, of which I am a big fan, and the food was excellent. Also kudos to Marcos (i believe) for excellent service and good conversation. I highly recommend the Allegria.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Manorville, New York
Reviewed 15 November 2010

My husband and I spent the past weekend at this hotel, we live pretty close but needed a getaway and decided to give the Allegria Hotel a shot. From the second we checked into the hotel we were literally floored by the beauty of the place, the designer of this hotel is a genius. Beyond the aesthetics, the service was incredible. The staff was very warm and engaging and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The front desk agent, Jen was so friendly and accommodating she even called up after check in to see if we needed anything or if she could make dinner reservations for us. We ate in the restaurant on Saturday night, the place was packed and there was a great energy and views, we felt like we were in the city. Dinner was delicious and the chef uses all organic products which we loved. After dinner we stopped into the lounge for drinks and there was a DJ playing so we ended up staying for a while. We are looking forward to coming back over the summer to take advantage of the rooftop pool and beach. This place is really like a slice of heaven!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Rockville Centre Inn
Rockville Centre Inn
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!