“Beautiful design”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Very nice looking hotel, descent service. Met my needs

• Stayed: February 2011
There are newer reviews for Allegria Hotel

Reviewed 25 February 2011

While staying at the Allegria Hotel and Spa my wife and I and experienced some of the best boutique hotel service we have ever had as we travel a lot and my wife loves to stay at small luxury hotels. We have been up the whole cost and love to experience new things. There was a small problem with the room when we first arrived but a woman by the name of Debbie Donohue who works at the front desk made everything rite and for the rest of our trip checked on us to make sure our stay was pleasant she truly made the trip a memorable one. Definitely a hotel I would recommend to others couples.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We got married at the Allegria in September 2010. As the date quickly approached, we needed to smooth out some details. We were extremely pleased when we began working with Debbie Donahue. No problem was too big or too small. She dealt with everything promptly, professionally, and compassionately - and always with a smile. I would be cliche and say she went the extra mile, but it doesn't do her justice. She is the picture of hospitality and service.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank megbaylis
Reviewed 29 January 2011

The Allegria staff were amazing to my new husband and I. When we walked into our suite for our wedding night there were rose petals leading to the bed where they formed a heart. The suite was extremely spacious, clean and had an incredible beach/ocean view from all windows. The food we ordered from room service was delicious and was delivered quickly. The bathroom was gorgeous as well with a huge tub and separate shower. Debbie who I believe was the hotel manager was very attentive and helpful. I would recommend the Allegria to anyone on their wedding or any other night. It was a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank diva1997
Reviewed 25 January 2011

I spent last week stranded in Long beach due to snow. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. I thought for sure I would get poor service, due to a possible skeleton crew - boy was I pleasantly surprised. The front desk could not have been more accommodating or helpful. I was veery sleep deprived, but the smiles and inviting personalities made me feel so much better as soon as I walked through the doors at the Allegria. I can't wait to go back In the summer with friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2011

The only thing positive about this hotel was the interior design. In my opinion they had below substandard service considering their rate. I would have expected dirty towels, a cold lobby area, not having keys ready, internet not working at a motel 6. We paid good money and were disappointed with their front desk clerk who did not greet us with “Hi, welcome to…” The front desk check-in was not helpful with informing us about what amenities and restaurants to take full advantage of during our stay. Even one of the hotel guests made a weird and snide comment to my partner and me about whether we will be quiet. We are both young professionals and I happen to hold two degrees. I’ve never experience such snotty people. We stayed in room 325 which absolutely had no worthy view from the window. The bed was not comfortable and we had hard time getting a full night of rest before the busy work week. And to top it all off, they had the nerve to overcharge my partner’s credit card. I’m very surprised by the this, and looks are so deceiving.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nmminto05
Reviewed 21 January 2011

My company went to the Allegria for our annual retreat. We usually stay elsewhere but decided this year to try something new, most of us were very glad we did. The Allegria is a work in process. The place structurally is truly magnificent. They made use of the ocean and the intense beach front sunlight in the thought process of designing the place, the restaurant and bar/lounge area is front and center of the visual attractions of this hotel. Directly outside from the main bar are beach benches and the infamous Long Beach boardwalk.

The rooms need some improvement, the shower is pretty but a little too modern, and the thermostat was impossible to operate for me!

The fitness center, complete elliptical machines, treadmills and some weight machines, is on the top floor with a spectacular ocean view. There is a rooftop pool and lounge as well as a full service spa planned for the facility in the near future. As for the food-everything was excellent, and I am a discerning customer. We did not have to pay individually for the meals, as they were covered by our company. The prices on the menu, however, were quite steep-higher than some 5 star places I have been. The spa that I went to was down the street a few blocks, Joseph Christopher, was excellent. They are a full service spa with hair, makeup, massage, and facial services. They use Aveda products were are always wonderful. The ladies there were very accomodating and gave us a 10% discount because we were staying at the Allegria. Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Beach
Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Long Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!