“Meh, at best”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Long Beach, NY
“Meh, at best”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Tiny room, comfortable bed and a teeny bathroom are located in this hotel. While it is much nicer than it was as the Jackson, it is still over priced for 180+ per night. We tried to eat at the restaurant, but the service was ungodly slow. We waited for 20 minutes before a waitress came out and it was another 20 before she came back and so on and so forth. We eventually cancelled our order and left.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kate G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I came down to visit some friends and family in Long Beach and could not have had a better stay. I read the comment below, and would have to say that my experience was the complete opposite of that. I found the room to be a perfect size, extremely comfortable and relaxing. It's a perfect distance to the beach (maybe a 20 second walk), and I found the locals to be welcoming, fun and helpful (they gave me a few suggestions on hot spots and restaurants my friends and I should check out). I had a great stay, and will most definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Vacajen82
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I decided to sty at this "new" hotel when visiting long beach for a friends wedding and a mini getaway. I was drawn to the price and the location. Upon arriving I was greeted nicely by the pretty front desk agent. That's where my pleasant experiance ends. My room was tiny to say the least, with what seemed like a home depot bathroom job in the room. This hotel seemed to have the bones of a 1920's building with a cheap retrofit job. It is a long two blocks off the beach, across from apartment buildings and other residential section 8 housing In a sketchy area. Frankly, I was afraid to walk outside once it got dark. My only option was to hang around the bar and have the local bar fly's attempt to pick me up.
The bar was well stocked, josh the bartender was very friendly and accommodating. The crowd for lack of a better description, was low class locals. Thank god for the reasonably priced drinks, I was able to get inebriated and stumble off to my closet of a room to forget about this sad experience. I cannot recommend this place, a cheap room rate cost me my valued vacation time.

Room Tip: Find another place
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank MomarNYC

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Thank you to the Long Beach Hotel and the amazing staff who provided exceptional service to myself and my guests for my wedding ceremony on May 18, 2013! The owners made sure that everything about my special day was perfect and went far and beyond my expectations to make my guests staying at the hotel comfortable and also cooperated with my vendors to create a surreal experience on that day! I wish them the best of luck and many years of success, they are truly an asset to the South Shore! The prices are extremely competitive as compared to Allegria down the block.

The banquet room is exquisite, the open air bar and lounge is so much fun and I can't wait to spend my summer nights down there!

I have no idea who wrote the bad review, but it might be a disgruntled worker because it is FAR from accurate.

The owners promised to make it the best day of my life and they absolutely did. I couldn't have asked for more!

Room Tip: Ask for a double - two adjoining rooms for more room and the ocean view rooms! If you have a special...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank SueEsq
Reviewed 2 June 2013

After seeing all the previous negative reviews it seems that nothing has changed with the "new management".
I stayed here for a weekend getaway and had less than desirable stay. The mattress was covered in a plastic wrapping that was extremely uncomfortable and noisy. The tv was broken. No hot water. Small outdated rooms. Overpriced at $210 a night for a single queen bed. Rude unnocomodating staff. Spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Rgattung
Long Beach NY
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This hotel was recently taken over by a new owner, it is now called the Long Beach Hotel, I just visited the hotel bar for a drink and did not stay overnight but the lobby, bar and meeting facilities all look fantastic, nice people at the reception too. So far so good I will post more when they open fully

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Skiinian
LongBeachHotel405, Manager at Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Beach
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Rockville Centre Inn
Rockville Centre Inn
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Long Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!