“The Long Beach Hotel was perfect for my needs in so many ways!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Long Beach Hotel

Long Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Scottsdale, Arizona
“The Long Beach Hotel was perfect for my needs in so many ways!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

The Long Beach Hotel is one block from the beach and brand new boardwalk, has comfy beds, peaceful and beautiful view of the sunset. The hardwood floors feels like home, nice hot showers, offering air conditioners and heat as needed, refrigerator, housekeeping, flat screen with cable TV. Lots of closet space, iron, and very helpful and super friendly staff. They have a beautiful restaurant and a very cool bar offering great food and fun events filled with guests and residents from Long Beach area. Also could be great alternative as an apartment with very affordable prices.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Duxbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I would like to thank the staff including the front desk (Erica, Shannon and Sue). They all noticeably went out of their way to please us. They should be proud of their Hotel that just opened in March. I admire them for their level of service. This is an old building, but tastefully renovated into a charming setting, full of character. The lobby décor is very bright.

The location is the best imaginable. Literally a two minute walk, one block away from the expansive Long Beach boardwalk, overlooking the most breathtaking shoreline that I have ever seen.

When we arrived, I asked to see a room. Immediately, my wife and I decided it was perfect. We had stayed in older buildings before in NYC. The room was very simple but clean and relaxing.

Their restaurant is very nice. We decided to enjoyed the open air bar area. They have created an easy going, laid back atmosphere. The food was excellent and everything was so reasonably priced.

On Sunday we enjoyed their Football special. I am a huge football fanatic. We watched tree games at once. The three gigantic wall size projection games, coupled with the great wings and buffalo pizza, had me truly in a state of euphoria. Although my team lost, It was amazing fun to enjoy this setting with other NFL fans from all over the country

Excellent breakfast and brunch specials were available. They offer great value which exemplified to me that this Hotel's aim is to please. Totally customer centric staff was more personable and down to earth.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Long Beach NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have now been to eat 3 times in the restaurant and had a snack at the bar, each time the food was excellent. In the beginning the service was "naive" not slow but they didn't know the whole menu ( typical of new establishments). But my last visit was during a very busy jazz evening, again great food and great service, considering that they di not expect so many people to show.

I like what they have done with the conference facility too, making it a football lounge with giant screens on sports days a disco on other nights and of course a great meeting space (we had our local chamber of commerce meeting there), a very convertible space that is being put to good use.

Room Tip: Sorry have not stayed overnight
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Skiinian
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I think they should lower their price. Online picture look better than it really is. Very basic, old hotel. I saw a review that elevator was not working in September and it wasn't working in October. Staff friendly and were quick to help. My tv was not working and they showed up within 60 seconds. I got locked out of my room a few times. Had to have my key reset. Lots of running up and down the stairs. The floor in my room was so slippery. Couldn't wear socks or slippers. The floor was slanted and creeky. I'm a light sleeper but having the AC on all night helped and I don't think the hotel was very busy. It was a 30 second walk to the beach so that made it worth it. I loved the shampoo and conditioner. When I walked into the room I was very disapointed and wasn't susre what to expect. Big gaping hole in the wall where the tv cable comes from. If you just need a place to sleep, close to the beach, it's not bad. Just don't expect too much.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Long Beach, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I showed up at 8pm on a friday night to try out this restaurant which i thought would become a staple of both this hotel and the town of long beach, however, was i wrong, the guy told me they are closed due to pretty much no reason what so ever, he took me in the back and showed me the restaurant, wow what a joke, i could hear the crickets and see the dust, to me it looked like a non working restaurant, there wasn't even a sign anywhere outside or inside that a restaurant even exists. Long beach itself doesn't have many great restaurants, if they were able to create nice looking place with some good food, they would probably do very well, however, to me it seems like they are incapable of producing a proper working restaurant as well as a hotel. These people need to put some effort into this place, i'm really dissappointed. Go back to the drawing board.

Room Tip: go to the allegria, they have great rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jared L

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Would not stay there ever again. One of the worst experiences I've ever had. Rooms were filthy, dingy, bathroom was disgustingly dirty and very small. Elevator was not working. Had to climb very steep stairs with my luggage to a very disappointing room. Hallways were dingy and dark. Walls were badly painted (30 years thick). Doors did not shut. When I put the water on in the bathtub it was brown and would not drain properly. WHAT A RIP OFF.

• Stayed September 2013
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Called in on the offchance and was offered a room at reasonable rate. Very close to excellent Long Beach, recently upgraded and obviously on the up. Enjoyed very good food and meal service, but the outstanding element was the great service from the reception staff (Shannon) who really put herself out to help. A credit to her company.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville C...
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Rockville Centre Inn
Rockville Centre Inn
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Long Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!