This hotel was recommended to us for a wedding we attended on Nov. 23 in Long Beach. The ONLY good thing was the proximity of the hotel to the church. I booked the room over the phone & asked for the nicest possible room for the price. We checked in before the wedding & there was hardly any room AT ALL to move around & get dressed. It was just about big enough to hold the queen bed & 2 end tables. The closet had no light, and there was no iron or hairdryer. But we were in a hurry, so we did our best & went to the wedding. (after walking up & down to & from our room since the elevator doesn;t work). When we returned that night at around 11:30 we walked up the stairs to our room, opened the door & the room was literally like an oven. Unbearably hot. So.. I walked back down the stairs to the desk & told the desk clerk, who said he would turn off the radiator. There was no thermostat or any way to adjust the temp in the room. I walked back up, got ready for bed & tried to sleep. Very tired after a long day. Still no respite - I called down to the desk & was again told it would be taken care of. I spent the night in fitful sleep in a room that was like a sauna. No change in temperature. The hallway was so comfortable I was tempted to sleep on the floor out there!!! Next morning I took a shower & the towel had a clump of hair & a big brown stain. Yuk. So we went down to the desk, told the woman at the desk, and asked for some sort of compensation for our extremely uncomfortable night. We were told that due to the size of the room, it overheats & nothing can be done!! We were told that we should have booked the larger (more expensive) room!! They took $7.50 off our bill ( BIG DEAL). I couldn't wait to get out of there.
Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. NEVER AGAIN.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full service Hotel located a block off the beach in Long Beach, NY. We have a full service restaurant, bar, and lounge. Our ballroom can fit 300 for social and corporate events such as weddings and seminars. We can also section off part of the ballroom for smaller meetings and more intimate affairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Odigeo, Agoda, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Long Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackson By The Beach Hotel Long Beach
- Long Beach Hotel New York