“VFW hall was better”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Long Beach
“VFW hall was better”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

To celebrate the incoming New Year some holiday ambiance was in order for a revamped hotel. The impression of the hotel should have been impressionable not forgettable .The dinner was the like a hall with our table next to a deli display and kitchen door, took forever to get drinks and the service was extremely slow. We would never go back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Joe M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lindenhurst, New York
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I held a large Holiday Party in the Ballroom of this Hotel. Everything went off as scheduled, staff was super friendly and accommodating. The hotel is newly renovated due to the Hurricane Sandy that left it damaged. They hotel did a wonderful job with my event, Food was great and I would most definitely return again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gail A
Cheshire, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel was recommended to us for a wedding we attended on Nov. 23 in Long Beach. The ONLY good thing was the proximity of the hotel to the church. I booked the room over the phone & asked for the nicest possible room for the price. We checked in before the wedding & there was hardly any room AT ALL to move around & get dressed. It was just about big enough to hold the queen bed & 2 end tables. The closet had no light, and there was no iron or hairdryer. But we were in a hurry, so we did our best & went to the wedding. (after walking up & down to & from our room since the elevator doesn;t work). When we returned that night at around 11:30 we walked up the stairs to our room, opened the door & the room was literally like an oven. Unbearably hot. So.. I walked back down the stairs to the desk & told the desk clerk, who said he would turn off the radiator. There was no thermostat or any way to adjust the temp in the room. I walked back up, got ready for bed & tried to sleep. Very tired after a long day. Still no respite - I called down to the desk & was again told it would be taken care of. I spent the night in fitful sleep in a room that was like a sauna. No change in temperature. The hallway was so comfortable I was tempted to sleep on the floor out there!!! Next morning I took a shower & the towel had a clump of hair & a big brown stain. Yuk. So we went down to the desk, told the woman at the desk, and asked for some sort of compensation for our extremely uncomfortable night. We were told that due to the size of the room, it overheats & nothing can be done!! We were told that we should have booked the larger (more expensive) room!! They took $7.50 off our bill ( BIG DEAL). I couldn't wait to get out of there.
Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maryanne0202

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

patchogue
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Which was at the long beach VFW. The hotel is a few miles from the post which made it very convenient. Upon entering the hotel my girlfriend and I were met with the utmost hospitality. Between the concierge, manager, and hotel staff we were thoroughly pleased. Leaving for the ball later that evening while in uniform we were wished a happy birthday by two of the hotel staff that happened to be former Marines so its nice to see the hotel is hiring veterans.

Yes the rooms are small but this hotel is one of the older ones on the strip. This place is perfect if your spending the weekend in LongBeach. The rooms are simple but the showers are hot with more than enough towels and the staff is eager to help with any requests you might have.

EVC

• Stayed November 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

The Long Beach Hotel is one block from the beach and brand new boardwalk, has comfy beds, peaceful and beautiful view of the sunset. The hardwood floors feels like home, nice hot showers, offering air conditioners and heat as needed, refrigerator, housekeeping, flat screen with cable TV. Lots of closet space, iron, and very helpful and super friendly staff. They have a beautiful restaurant and a very cool bar offering great food and fun events filled with guests and residents from Long Beach area. Also could be great alternative as an apartment with very affordable prices.

• Stayed November 2013
Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I would like to thank the staff including the front desk (Erica, Shannon and Sue). They all noticeably went out of their way to please us. They should be proud of their Hotel that just opened in March. I admire them for their level of service. This is an old building, but tastefully renovated into a charming setting, full of character. The lobby décor is very bright.

The location is the best imaginable. Literally a two minute walk, one block away from the expansive Long Beach boardwalk, overlooking the most breathtaking shoreline that I have ever seen.

When we arrived, I asked to see a room. Immediately, my wife and I decided it was perfect. We had stayed in older buildings before in NYC. The room was very simple but clean and relaxing.

Their restaurant is very nice. We decided to enjoyed the open air bar area. They have created an easy going, laid back atmosphere. The food was excellent and everything was so reasonably priced.

On Sunday we enjoyed their Football special. I am a huge football fanatic. We watched tree games at once. The three gigantic wall size projection games, coupled with the great wings and buffalo pizza, had me truly in a state of euphoria. Although my team lost, It was amazing fun to enjoy this setting with other NFL fans from all over the country

Excellent breakfast and brunch specials were available. They offer great value which exemplified to me that this Hotel's aim is to please. Totally customer centric staff was more personable and down to earth.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Long Beach NY
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have now been to eat 3 times in the restaurant and had a snack at the bar, each time the food was excellent. In the beginning the service was "naive" not slow but they didn't know the whole menu ( typical of new establishments). But my last visit was during a very busy jazz evening, again great food and great service, considering that they di not expect so many people to show.

I like what they have done with the conference facility too, making it a football lounge with giant screens on sports days a disco on other nights and of course a great meeting space (we had our local chamber of commerce meeting there), a very convertible space that is being put to good use.

Room Tip: Sorry have not stayed overnight
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Rockville Centre Inn
Rockville Centre Inn
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Long Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!