So, last year I stayed at the Allegria Hotel. With that being said the Allegria, on the surface is far more modern and attractive. However, Long Beach Hotel was quiet, the air conditioning worked and it served its purpose as a functional place to stay for a night and sleep. Because the price tag is $100 less than the Allegria, it's a good bargain, comparatively.
One block walk from the boardwalk, it also serves as a good stopping ground if you are a weekend warrior wishing to come out from the city for some R and R. Beyond that, I can't say it has much to offer; it is no-frills, and service is minimal. Calling downstairs to reception my call went into voicemail. When I went downstairs, there was supposedly coffee and danishes offered to guests, but the trays were empty. The poor gal at the front desk seemed to be the only one working, and she radioed for someone to help replenish the trays, and about 15 minutes later someone came in to bring more breakfast food.
Since there are only two hotels in Long Beach at this point, it appears that a monopoly exists and until the competition increases, I doubt the service will get much better at either…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full service Hotel located a block off the beach in Long Beach, NY. We have a full service restaurant, bar, and lounge. Our ballroom can fit 300 for social and corporate events such as weddings and seminars. We can also section off part of the ballroom for smaller meetings and more intimate affairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Long Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackson By The Beach Hotel Long Beach
- Long Beach Hotel New York