“A place not go go to”

Description: Telephone number: 516.431.4334
Description: Telephone number: 516.431.4334
“A place not go go to”
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

All I can say is that we were here twice and will NOT give them a third chance.
We really wanted to like this place, but they just can't c get their act together...

Long Beach, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THIS PLACE SUCKS”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

First I want to say that I am not a person who go off of one experience, so I have been there four times within the year. Partly so because there are no jamaican restaurants near long beach it is the only carribean place around. and I love my curry chicken. However, they dont have the products they advertise most of the time and I dont go when they are about to close I go from 12-6pm. So there is no excuses why they should not have the product they advertise I only get one dish and its never the same, sometimes they will put a fried dumplin, every other time I get plaintains, and the skimp on the veggies. Not only that things are sitting out all day and food is stale. I bought three fried dumplins for a dollar and when I went to bite into them they were ridiculously hard. It was like a rock. The plaintain were also stiff, who eats stiff plaintains? They are suppose to be warm, soft and sweet, not hard and cold. The girl at the counter dont know how to count change and she can not prepare dishes correctly. Who cares about the FENCE, ITS ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD. what I am going to do is cook my own food or travel outside of town. These people suck!

• Visited October 2012
“Good food”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We need a caribbean restaurant in long beach good food

Lido Beach, New York
“A Slice of Caribbean Heaven!”
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We have made this our local, go-to restaurant for it's excellence, generous portions, and affordability. The ambiance is very basic; a painted mural evokes sand and sky, with a real picket fence attached to the walls. Four, simple tables, each with four woven chairs, and the requisite reggae, background music. You order at a small counter and take your drinks from a refrigerator (they range from standard sodas to Caribbean-made sorrel and other juices). It all feels quite casual and comforting, especially the food (oxtail, goat, chicken, fish, steak, patties, etc.; most with perfectly cooked plantain, beans and rice, crunchy, sweet cabbage, corn, peas, slivered carrots, and sliced peppers.). Kev comes out from the kitchen to visit and chat. He is Kingston, Jamaica-born, learned to cook from his mother, who owns a small restaurant in Jamaica, and makes most of his dishes from scratch. A neighbor of his, also from the islands, hand makes Kev's roti and it is excellent. Also try the coco bread, which, although it is prepackaged, is soft, moist, and flavorful. There are wonderfully-sounding desserts on the menu, but we have been so filled at the end of each meal, we have yet to try one of them!
You have got to give this place a try!

• Visited April 2011