“Loal's stinks!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Lola's Kitchen and Wine Bar
Ranked #13 of 119 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Loal's stinks!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I would not recommend this to anyone. My wife and i went there for brunch. She ordered the steak and eggs (steak done medium) and i ordered the steak tidbits done medium well. Both came our RAW if you like your steak black & blue then you will be fine. The waitress was very accommodating in taking my back to have it redone. I few minutes later she brought me back a plate that had melted cheese "glued" to the plate as more than likely they suck it in a microwave for a few seconds. When I talked to Bill (a manger) and asked him if he would server a dish like this to anyone... He answer was "would you like something else?" On Monday i called and asked for either Marco or Rich (the owners) neither was in - as asked Angelina to have one of call me back she said fine, but did not bother to asked for my phone number. Later that day i spoke to the other manager who guaranteed me that i would get a call back form one of the owners... I guess they they called you because that sure have not called me back - 3 days later!!! IF THE MANAGERS AND OWNERS DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS I WOULD WONDER WHY ANYONE WOULD WANT TO GO TO A PLACE LIKE THIS? THERE A MANY GREAT PLACES TO EAT IN LONG BEACH

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Long Beach, New York
“Always Dependable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've eaten there a number of times and the food has always been good, wine list good as well. Can be a little loud at times. Minor complaint... why are the tables for two so long? Can't have a conversation because we were sitting across a long table. May sound a little strange but seems like a couples place to me.

Visited June 2014
Long Beach, New York
“Great place to relax and enjoy...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Started at the bar. The bartender a gentleman I wish I remembered his name was fantastic! It was friday night and crowded but he made sure our drinks where cold and perfectly made. And always served with a smile. It was such a pleasent experience at the bar I have brought more friends to go and enjoy it with me.

Dinner was very good. The usual fare. The flay bread pizzas where yummy. Mac & cheese bites where good but could've been hotter. Hanger steak was yummy. Came excactly as ordered. Burger was ok made to order and hot off the grill.

The waitress was nice attentive but wise enough to back off and let us enjoy ourselves.

All is all I had a great time some great food and the atmosphere was spot on.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank NYDREAMER10
New York City, New York
“Most Popular Spot in Long Beach, NY, Disaster Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

If you happen to be a local, whenever you check places for popularity Lola's almost always comes first. This serves as an attractor for those who do not visit often, but use the web as a guide for where to eat. That is what happened to us. Place is very accessible with ample parking around the neighborhood, pleasant inside atmosphere, friendly and medium level of noise, which is expected for a popular joint. Sunday Brunch Service was slow to begin with, but then we were informed repeatedly that food was on its way at least 5 times, when finally our server came and with a dramatic act of contrition surmised that she or someone in the kitchen has fouled the order. There came a few more spurts of apology separated by 5 or so minutes each, then she graciously offered free drinks in exchange for all the ridiculous wait. Finally, perhaps over an hour from when the initial food orders were given, food arrived. It was okay food, nothing extraordinary and pretty highly priced. The aftertaste was unpleasant. While I do not expect this happens often, I was left wondering what in the world makes this place so popular?

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Zhiv
Cedarhurst, New York
“Atmosphere, staff, and exciting menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

This place is apparently well run. From the door service, to bar, to wait staff, and not to forget the kitchen, and their execution of stellar selections with wine pairings to boot. An a+ establishment, a gem.

• Visited July 2014