“fun place to hang”

Duke Falcons
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2013

went with a friend after a hard week--just fun to hang out and flirt. music gets pretty loud, food is good. nice after beach destination, but get ready for a crowd

There are newer reviews for Duke Falcons

Reviewed 20 June 2013

When my entree costs more than the most expensive bottle of wine on the menu, i tend to get concerned. When that wine is Mirrassou, we might have a problem. Luckily the food was wonderful, I just wish it would have been paired with an equal wine. I was forced to drink beer and that was a problem for me. Service was a little slow, it took over ten minutes to be greeted. We loved the food, but the service and wine list need to be improved.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

EXCELLENT food. My fiancee, my family and I have enjoyed this restaurant many times and it has never disappointed. The menu is extensive, the portions are just right and everything is always delicious. After sitting, patrons are greeted by the pleasant wait staff and provided with some delicious salsas, accompanied by some mini toasts, in lieu of the boring old basket of bread.

The menu offers an expansive array of seafood dishes, Argentinian steaks, assorted unique chicken dishes and an amazing selection of starters. The wine list offers something for everyone, from Malbec to Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blac to Chardonnay, and none of it overpriced. The beer selection won't leave anyone disappointed. Our two most recent visits included a party of 6 a few weeks ago, and a party of 12 people this past Saturday night. Everyone left the table more than satisfied both times.

The restaurant wasn't packed, but there was a good crowd. I would call it "mostly full." To have 12 entree's come out all at the same time, exactly as everyone ordered, and for everyone to say that they enjoyed their food, that says something. Our waiter was pleasant and helpful, stopping by frequently to check on everyone's drinks.

I highly recommend checking this place out if you're in the mood for something different. I can see the other reviews talking about frozen-tasting or bland food, and all I can guess is that maybe there has been a change of management style/attitude, kitchen staff, or both. With all of the different options on this menu (including the Argentine Gaucho Steak, Sundried Tomato and Mozzarella Rolled Chicken, and the Shrimp Vera Cruz), this is the place to eat if you're into trying something new. There are plenty of places to go for "fried calamari" and a burger and fries. Not to say that the calamari and burgers at Duke Falcon's aren't good; I have personally preferred to try dishes that sound like something you don't come across every day.

It is absolutely worth a shot. Give it a chance, try something you've never had before, and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

This was our first time here and I have to say that It’s really a difficult restaurant to figure out. As you can tell by most of the reviews on here the reviewers are confused about what exactly kind of place this is, or what kind of food is their specialty, if any?
Anyone who has left positive remarks about this place must be thinking of a different restaurant or they're just flat out are not used to good dining. We ordered the fried and "crispy" calamari, and it tasted like pre-made super market frozen food that had been heated up in the micro-wave. My wife ordered the cheeseburger and fries. The fries also tasted like ot was store bought frozen fries. The burger was over-cooked and tasted very dry. I ordered the Tuna with rice and it was just OK, but not nearly close to the what it should have been for the price that they charged. This place surly can’t prides itself on fresh ingredients and freshly made meals, how can they be serving a cheeseburger well done or fried and "crispy" calamari that was neither crispy or really fresh calamari? Makes me think even more that a lot of the stuff is supermarket bought already made, and just re-heated..Whatever we had, had absolutely no flavor at all, and was very dry. The rice was minute rice that we could have made at home. We also had 2 glasses of their house red wine that waere very small and not to great tasting either. Needless to say that we were disappointed! Personally, we will not be back. We tried and it was a total miss. Best part was the service which was friendly and prompt, I must say that the server was very nice.
I would have rather gone to the gas station and bought a microwave burrito and a bottle of Pepsi. At least it would have tasted good and I wouldn't feel so guilty about having wasted $80.

1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 21 March 2013

People always told us you had to try Duke Falcons, we finally went and didn't understand what all the fuss is about. Food was ok, but restaurant was dead, no atmosphere no excitement

2  Thank srcesq