“Awful service; lousy atmosphere”
Review of Don Juan

Don Juan
Ranked #27 of 124 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Southwestern
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Went to happy hour on July 4th and service was non existent didn't bother trying the food we left after 10 minutes of waiting for the bartender to acknowledge us. Just as well, it was dead as a door nail there no background music. One wonders why do they post their happy hour specials everywhere and then don't deliver. This place is a serious contender for Restaurant Impossible!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We were highly recommended to this restaurant . Last evening we went with friends .The service was okay ,not great and I did not enjoy my meal.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This review comes after our 4th visit to Don Juan
Wife loves this place, i on the other hand like the food but it doesn't like me. the taste of the food is great but the effect is not .
gotta say after the 4th visit i did not have the "down south" experience like the previous 3x. and down south doesn't mean geography it means my digestive tract.
so , with that, we just might go back again, since the rule is happy wife happy life, every time i mention this place she just loves me up and down :o)
she makes it worth the chance to go
c ya soon !

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Beautifully decorated and spacious, this Mexican restaurant has become one of our favorites. The large menu has many interesting appetizers (try the chorizo con queso), salads (avocado, shrimp and lime is my favorite), main courses, and desserts. The prices are reasonable, too. The icing on the cake is the awesome service. Be sure to ask for Sylvia when you go!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I've been here several times. The reason being .. everyone deserves a second chance..Well this place blew it more than once. The Grand opening was A bad one. They ran out of chips and food. I don't think anyone got their orders less than 45 minutes. . The second and third time was better. However, the 4th and 5th times were terrible. I ordered an item from the menu exactly the way is comes. Well when I get my food it's missing one of the key ingredients...one of the meats. My dumb waitress tells me well I" didn't say I wanted the Chorizo" (left out) and chicken. THE MEAL COMES WITH BOTH. The last (5th) time, the same waitress has us again..Oh what bad luck. She gets an attitude with me because I asked about our food. She never bother to check, tells me " I don't control what goes on in the kitchen so I snap back at her yeah of course you don't know anything. Now just to let you guys know she walked past our table SIX times and never once checked up on us. Not even to fill our empty glasses. Her name begins with an R and ends with and a. Don't waste your time with this place go elsewhere.

2  Thank MikeJ992