“Always the best!!”

Nagahama Sushi
Ranked #20 of 124 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 June 2014

No matter what dish and when, this is consistently the best sushi I have ever had. Even better than Japan. Very creative, fresh, great staff, very reasonably priced. Just all around the best!!

There are newer reviews for Nagahama Sushi

Reviewed 17 June 2014

this place has the best sushi by far, have never been able to find anything like it for 15 years. If you love sushi, this is the best place to go. only problem is you will never be able to eat sushi anywhere else!!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Have been coming here for 2 years now and it is just terrific. The service and sushi are great. Yes you are on top of the table next to you but the food makes up for it !!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have been coming here for nearly 20 years now. Am I biased, probably but blissfully so. I first came here when it was a few tables and a sushi bar and you got served at the bar diligently by the owner who had defected from another local sushi house which I frequented. He is a true artisan and character which makes the experience all the more fun. I have eaten here 100s of times and even catered a few meals from here and they have all been exceptional. Despite being married I took so many dates here and the owner would banter with me and my date with a great sense of humor and always made for good memories. The food is always fresh and if you are lucky enough to get there when they are cutting down a huge tuna you may get a fresh slice to try as they break it down into more manageable chunks. The restaurant has grown and for its growth has done a good job at maintaining the quality and service to this point. I am sad that I have moved out of long beach post Sandy but still drive an hour to come back to Nagahama. They know you by name once you go enough and make you feel like family when you arrive. I cant say enough positive things about one of the best businesses in Long Beach and one of the better restaurants on Long Island. Just be prepared to wait if you show up at dinner on a beautiful summer day. Odds are a lot of other people had the same idea, sake sushi and friends!

1  Thank notathomeeatout
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Tables are almost stacked vertically (squished). We frequently find ourselves conversing with the folks next to us, since they are practically at our table. Often there is a wait for a table and even if there isn't, there is a wait for the food. I hate to wait, but I am patient, because I NEED my dose of Spicy Tuna appetizer. Although occasionally the tuna is overcooked and it becomes not so delicious. I do remind the wait staff that I prefer the tuna just seared.

Another favorite, although not on the menu, is the usuzukuri, thinly sliced fluke with ponzu sauce, scallions and crisp something on the side. Although the sushi is great, I seldom, if ever order any. If you go, don't forget to read the 'board' with the specials, always the same, but not on a printed menu. The last time I ordered 'Perfect Tuna', a special on the board, and indeed, it was perfect, thinly sliced, seared tuna and tuna tartar with a delicious ponzu sauce.

2  Thank treking